Twelve of 12 - February 2012
You know the drill: it's twelve pictures of your life taken on the twelfth of the month. You document the real, routine, normal; in other words, everyday life. Check out the 12 of 12 Facebook group to see how others are documenting these. It's pretty cool! In the past I've only put the photos up on my blog, but since this is the "Year of Twelve" I decided to go ahead and put them on paper so I can add them to my Project Life album.
Here are this month's photos:
1. First thing this boy does when he wakes up is to ask where his father is. If I say he's at work, he'll lay in bed with me. However, if I say he's probably in the living room, he will waste no time bolting out of bed so that he can run and snuggle on the couch with his dad.
2. Both of the guys were in dire need of haircuts. Since we're trying to be more frugal (ahem) I took the clippers to their heads.
3. The boy is not particularly impressed with my skills, I'm afraid. I think I did a decent job considering all my previous experience has been on dogs. I'm getting faster at it and also better at blending the sides and top.
4. What's in my shower? Not a whole lot, actually. Husband's shampoo, Bubba's shampoo (he gets the good organic stuff), husband's face wash, my shampoo, my conditioner, Johnson's baby shampoo for washing my face ( I read on someone's blog that it was awesome as face wash, and no wonder - it's full of formaldehyde to keep my skin fresh and young! HA! Feeling pretty good about paying more for the hippie stuff for the Bubs now), Philosophy Guru body scrub (I don't think they make this anymore, it's really old), shave cream, a pumice stone thing, and a hair clip. I clip up my hair after I put conditioner in it because I read somewhere that conditioner can clog the pores on your back leading to "bacne." YUCK!
On the shelf not pictured I also have a razor, my bar soap, husband's bar soap, and deep conditioner/hair mask. I know, some people are like EW BAR SOAP??? But I use the nice stuff from Lush and bar soap is more environmentally friendly than body wash because it has way less packaging.
5. Most of the makeup I use when I put it on.
6. The twelfth was a Sunday so we went to Mass! Guess who has not mastered the new responses yet? Oh yeah - this girl. Thank goodness for the cheat sheets tucked into the backs of the pews with the hymnals!
7. The fountain in the courtyard of our church. I don't know what it is about this thing, but it holds some sort of irresistible draw for the boy. We got him to sit pretty still for the whole hour by promising he could play by it after Mass. He likes to drive his Hot Wheels around it.
8. After church we went to the McDonald's by our house for some soft serve since it was too early for dinner. Ours has a special "toddler" play place with NO icky tunnels or climbing tubes which I like. He gets to play with other kids and work off some energy. It never ceases to amaze me how little kids will just jump in there with each other and play together.
9. While we were there, these three kids came over to play. The littlest one was SO FREAKING CUTE I just could not get over it. Also, he was wearing a cute little Seattle Seahawks jersey, which I pointed out to my husband. After a few minutes, the kid's dad came over to join them. My husband says, "OH, that makes sense... " and then leaves me hanging. Finally I'm like WHAT makes sense?
Turns out their dad was #26 for the Seahawks. How my husband remembers all the names and faces of those players I do not know. I joked that we should ask him for a picture, because it would be great for my 12 of 12 and he said no way. I asked Facebook on my wall if that would be bad, and of course Facebook said to do it, so I did. I did wait until they were done eating and his kids were all playing again though. I'm not a total asshat. He was very nice about it. :)
10. On the way home we had to stop by the grocery store to grab something for dinner. There is no food in my house!
11. We weren't home for five minutes when I looked over and saw the boy passed out on the couch! Guess we wore him out, huh?
12. Perfect end to the evening - Oreos, milk for dunking in the vintage milk glass Batman mug, Pinterest, and some Mad Men. Yay!