Thursday, June 02, 2005

DENIED!!!

Denied, denied, denied.

You know, I am really starting to think I must just have really bad taste.

See, I have this shelf that I bought at Ikea. I had hunted all over town looking for the PERFECT shelf on which to display my rubber stamps. I didn't want to stash them away in a drawer, because if I don't see something, I have a tendency to forget that I have it.

So when Ikea opened here in the Valley, practically down the street from my house, I had to go check it out. And there it was... the PERFECT rubber stamp storage. Four shelves, only 3 inches deep, so nothing could get lost in the back. Inexpensive, at only $14.99. Cute little chrome hooks on the bottom to hang odds and ends. It was in the kitchen organization section of the store (I think it was meant to hold plates, there is a little groove and a lip on each shelf), but that didn't mean a thing to me. I had my shelf.

I bought that bad boy and headed right home to assemble it. I hung it on the wall and started to place my stamps on it. It was just right...well, a little TOO just right. All of my stamps fit on the shelf, but there was absolutely NO room to grow. I thought to myself, no problem, I'll just get another shelf.

I took a look at the wall and knew it would be tight. I pulled out my tape measure and sure enough... I needed six more inches (!!!) to make it fit. Bummer.

Fast forward to today. I hung the shelf in my new scraproom last week. I put my stamps on it. I noticed I still had a lot of wall space. I thought, hmm, TWO more stamp shelves!!! I measured, then thought, okay, ONE more stamp shelf, LOL!

So after picking up the husband from work, we went on over to Ikea. We wandered the whole store (bottom floor TWICE). Guess what? NO SHELF!!! I was so pissed! Why must the things I love be discontinued???

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Actually, it usually happens in restaurants. I have a tendency to have a favorite item on most menus. It never fails, that item eventually gets removed from the menu.

Sammy's Woodfired Pizza - Potato Gnocchi - GONE!
IHOP - Machaca - GONE!!!
Gordon Biersch Brewery - Filet Mignon in mushroom wine sauce with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes - GONE!!!
Coco's - This asian chicken appetizer thing - GONE!!!
Cheesecake Factory - Portobello Mushroom Pizza - GONE!!!

It's not fair dang it! I really don't think my taste is THAT bad!!!

I did end up getting two of these instead:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I figure I'll put themed stamps in the little drawers, and then put my art-y background stamps on the display shelf. Of course, now that I've painted all the pieces, it's too late to hammer the little drawers together. Grrr. Denied once again!






1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

poor miss m! Sorry to hear about that...I feel your pain! I'm a picky eater, so when I find something that works, I stick with it until they remove it or change the recipe (which is doubally irritating, becasue they still call it the same thing even though it is clearly not the same). Nice Rant Lindsay...sorry! Great post!

Lindsay

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails