Saturday, May 21, 2005

Moving

Yay for moving!

Fresh start, fresh paint, fresh carpeting, new possibilities for decorating, new possibilities for furniture arranging, ah, I love it!!!

But...

We are moving TOMORROW morning!!! Just over 24 hours from now and most of our apartment still looks like we are here for the long haul. How does this happen? I started out with the best intentions, and they totally with awry.

Last night found The Husband and I out scavenging the backsides of Chandler's strip malls in search of cardboard boxes. This is what I learned:

*Compactors are now all the rage, apparently. You can't pack in compacted boxes!
*Mexican Food places (mom and pop type) seem to throw out icky boxes
*The areas behind stores are eerily cleaner than I remember them being when I was a kid and we would scavenge boxes to move.
*Our car doesn't hold a whole lot of un-broken down boxes in the back seat, ha ha!

So this weekend ends an era. We have lived in this apartment for just under four years. That may not be a long time to some people, but unless I am mistaken, that is the longest I have EVER lived in one place in my WHOLE LIFE!!!

We moved a LOT when I was a kid, at least once a year. To make it through a whole school year without moving was a big deal. It wasn't like we were moving across town or to new cities. Sometimes it was a few blocks. Sometimes we would move and come back. Sometimes we had to sneak off in the middle of the night with just the clothes on our backs and maybe a grocery bag with a few items. I have been enrolled in schools for less than two weeks at a time even! Our lives were that transient.

Even as an adult I have moved a lot. I left home a month after my 16th birthday. I've had bad boyfriends, bad roommates, bad apartments. I've lived alone, I've lived with multiple people, I've lived with men, and I've lived with women. During one point in my life, I moved THIRTEEN times in a span of only four years. Again, not really far, just in the Phoenix Metro area. I've lived in a lot of sections of town.

This will be my first time living in Chandler. I am looking forward to it. I like our new neighborbood, I love our new apartment, and I am looking forward to getting to decorate it and make it our home. Hopefully, living there will break my current record and we will not have to move again until we are ready to own a home (a long time from now!!!) of our very own and have kids and all that stuff I am currently not ready for yet. Right now, this'll do, Miss M, this'll do. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails