Sunday, May 29, 2005

Saraland

We are getting settled in to the new place and I just love it! I must confess, I am especially smitten with my scraproom. It's big, it's spacious, it has a lot of storage, plus plenty of room for all of my fun non-scrapbook related stuff too. I've painted two of the walls the same springy, peaceful green as in the last apartment, and it goes great with all the black, white and chrome accents, not to mention the touches of hot pink in the bathroom.

I mean, how cool is that to have my very own bathroom! I have a sink right in the room where I can wash brushes and foam stams, a whole storage closet for miscellaneous stuff I rarely use like art pads and those stacks and stacks of bad wedding photos. I don't have to worry about walking into someone else's bad smell ( I am NOT naming names here, hee hee!), and it's just going to be so PRETTY to boot!

I love that my room will be organized from the very start, not just piecemeal here and there like in the last place. Also, I don't have that stupid brick wall wasting my space to deal with anymore. My walls are painted, my shelves are hung, the tables are where they need to be and the computer is set up! Now all there is left to do is to finish unpacking. Did I mention that my clothes closet is in this room too? This is seriously Saraland in here, poor husband! It's really not THAT girly though, I swear. He'll live, testosterone intact, after walking in here.

I still have to hang all my pictures and "accesories", as they call them on HGTV. Oh, and I want to get one more stamp shelf from IKEA too, as the one I have now is not big enough for all of my stamps. Originally I wanted three so I would have room to grow, but now that the one I already have is up, I can see that the wall simply isn't big enough. Oh well.

I also need to decide where my Christmas tree is going to live. Yes, I have a Christmas tree in my scrapbooking room. It's two feet tall, hot pink aluminum and ALL fabulous! It's simply genious, and I got it for only $10 at Urban Outfitters after Christmas. What a steal for something I love. I keep thinking I want to make it ornaments, but I am not sure what kind yet.

Tomorrow will be busy with more moving, cleaning, and painting in the old place, but tonight, it's all about Saraland!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your famous words and my piece of art created by you...."Kick Ass"!!

I am so happy for you! You sound like you are feeling a little bit better. I hope so.

Take care,
S.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are going to show pictures of your room soon, I love seeing creative spaces.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails