Twelve of 12 - November 2011
2. We attended a birthday party yesterday, and in true Fehling fashion I waited until the very last minute to get a gift. This meant we had to run to Toys R Us, and then to Target to get a gift bag. Every time Bubba sees a camera pointed in his direction these days he puts on this weird cheese grin. Silly boy.
4. The party was at one of those gymnastics places. It was awesome because they didn't try to do too many structured activities. There were a few, but there was plenty of free play too. You like how Bubba matches the foam blocks almost perfectly?
5. There was also a long, narrow trampoline that ended in... you guessed it - a foam pit! The kids would hop down the length and then leap off the end into the pit where one of the workers would lift them out again.
7. Having pizza with the birthday girl. He actually ate almost a whole slice! That's a really big deal because normally he'll take one bite, if he even bothers to try it. He also ate some cake, but that's not really shocking.
8. We dragged the down comforter off the bed and into the living room so we could snuggle under it on the couch. Why have I never thought of this before??? It was AWESOME! Originally the plan was to watch Harry Potter, but the dvd was not only not the widescreen version that it said it was on the box, it was so scratched that it just would not play so back to Blockbuster it went.
9. On the way back from the video store my husband stopped and got me a drink from Starbucks. I love the Salted Caramel Mocha Frappucinos but have sworn off caffeine for my pregnancy. I did it for Bubba, so it's the least I can do for Finn, you know? Well, he figured out that they have a version with no coffee. It's a Salted Caramel Chocolate Frappuccino. It's not quite as good as the mocha, of course, but not bad when you want a sweet treat.
10. The boy got put into time out for jumping on the couch. I guess he didn't get it all out of his system at the party.