Monday, November 07, 2011

The Gratitude Project - Day 7



The past couple of weeks I've been very lazy. I'm super blessed in that I don't seem to get morning sickness. I didn't get it at all while pregnant with Bubba, and I haven't had it this time. My boobs don't get ginormous or sore, I don't get weird cravings (not beyond my regular cravings anyway) and I don't start crying at commercials. Pretty much the only symptom I get is that I really just start to drag.

I've been going to bed at the same time as usual every night, but have been sleeping in an extra hour and a half each day. I also sneak in naps here and there in the afternoons while the boy sleeps. Luckily Bubba's a night owl like me and likes to sleep in as well, or else I'd be hurting. It's just amazing to me that I hardly do anything all day and I still feel like I ran a marathon or something.

Okay, so I've never ran a marathon. I'm guessing here!

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I've been slacking off HARD at home. My organization binder sits neglected under the side table in my living room. The only laundry I've done in the past two weeks is when I washed the sheets after Bubba wet the bed. Minimal effort has been made toward dinner, usually with me just helping on sides or dishes that require minimal work.

Luckily I'm super blessed to have a husband who is not above stepping in and helping out at home. He's done laundry, helped out with dinner, and helped to pick up. He even gave me a foot rub the other night! He's been so good around here lately that I wanted to thank him by having a nice hot dinner ready for him when he gets home from work; one that he doesn't have to help out with, one that he can just sit down and enjoy.

Of course, I don't really have the energy for that sort of thing. Enter today's thing for which I'm thankful - my crock pot! I tossed a bunch of stuff in there and later tonight when he gets home we'll have a nice hot meal ready for us to eat on this cold (cold for us, anyway!) day. Gotta love getting great rewards on days you only feel up to doing minimal work. :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails