Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What I learned from this photo

a) my husband is a TERRIBLE photographer. I had to explain to him that the viewfinder is not just to admire your photo after the fact, but to help set up your shot. This is take 73 I think, haha!

b) I'm growing a pack of hot dogs on the back of my neck. Dear God.

c) it is no longer physically feasible to suck in my gut. I tried. The photos of me sucking it in and the photos of me letting it hang look exactly the same.

d) I have REALLY fat upper arms.

e) this ponytail is NOT the most flattering hairstyle for me. Oops.

f) I officially have a "booty-do", in which your belly sticks out further than your booty do.

g) I miss my acrylic nails.

Anywho, I have my first pg progress photo. So I waited until 10 1/2 weeks. I'm a bit slow. I'll just do them 5 weeks apart or something. Heck, I'll do them when/if I remember, who am I kidding? I'm a forgetful spaz these days.

I weighed myself yesterday, and I've gained 5.5 lbs so far. If I look back to what I weighed when I conceived though, I'm only up 2 overall. I was 187.5 then (stupid holidays and all that food!), and over the next few weeks I got down to 184 (yes, I'm a fat ass, I've dealt with it) and now I'm up to 189.5. It feels like more.

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that for the first time in my life, I'm going to get to watch the scale go over the 200 lb mark with just me on it. That really freaks me out. I know I have a good reason, but when I think about how I just kinda let myself go over the last few years, it's not really. Everyone keeps telling me it will come off after the baby gets here, but if that were true, then why are there so many women struggling to get to their pre-baby weights?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

shut up! you look adorable!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

First off, I busted a gut @ letter "b"..haha, too funny. Second you certainly don't look like you weight that much...crazy! Third I only gained 19 lbs, so you really don't have to break the 200lb mark. My advice is this, when you get hungry and you WILL, make it count! I snacked on south beach diet protein bars and carnation instant breakfast. Late night was the worst cuz right before bed I would be starving, so a small glass of milk and some carnation instant breakfast was a great hunger biter, plus it's got lots of vitamins and good stuff for the little bean. Are you taking prenatals? I highly recommend so. Granted I also had terrible food aversion, but still.

Just remember that you don't have to "eat for two" you just need to make sure you are getting nutrition and by the lunches you post, I am sure all is well! Oh and lastly, ya I know, way to much totally unsolicited advice, I found that grazing was a big help, little bits all day. But everyone is different in that regard...haha.

P.S. I think you look great!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My husband took the crappiest pictures of me while I was pregant too. It killed me not to be able to do it myself! But you're looking great! Enjoy every moment of it.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awwwww you're cute! Deal with it. :)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails