Friday, March 14, 2008

Heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeee's Bubba!

My little jellybean!

It's so cool to get to see your unborn child for the first time, and then you start thinking, oooh, there's something GROWING INSIDE OF ME!!!! That's a little freaky. We got to see the heartbeat, which looks like a little flickery bit of static in the middle of the baby. That was really cool too.

So there you go. There is, without a doubt, or even a flicker of uncertainty, a baby in my belly.

In other news, here's my cake from last night's class:


I was so beat yesterday that I did NOT want to go. Seriously, I was tired to the point where I was whiny. That's not cute. My husband dropped me off so he could help me carry all my stuff in. It's amazing how much stuff you end up needing to schlep back and forth for this class!

I ended up using my buttercream recipe for the blue base frosting, since we had to do that part at home and the instructor couldn't see it in it's untinted state, and the Wilton recipe for the decorations. I was a big old dummy though and beat my icing with the whisk instead of the paddle, and on too high of a speed so it got full of air bubbles. You can see under the rainbow (ha!) some of the bubbles. Lame. It also wouldn't smooth as nice as I would have liked for the same reason. Ah well. Live and learn.

Next week, we get to bring cupcakes. Kick butt!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby. I couldn't even imagine how weird it'd be to have another human being growing inside me. As a person who's never been pregnant I can't imagine what that would feel like.

And your cake is really cool-looking. Good job!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Awesome first photo of the baby. Really cute cake, LOVE buttercream icing. I swear I went through at least four mixers making that stuff when I first took cake decorating classes.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

aw Sara congrats! The ultrasounds get better and better. I would suggest doing the 3d/4d later around 30ish weeks, it's amazing. congrats on Bubba!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Susanne P. said...

what a sweet pic of your lil' bean. did they give you a due date? was it the same as what you thought it was?

i think your cake looks great.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Awww, it is such a special experience to see them for the first time. How exciting!

That cake is awesome-great job!

7:28 AM  
Blogger justem said...

Ooooh!! :) So awesome!

And the cake looks great!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Awww!! I LOVE u/s photos!! And the first one is always the best!! Congrats!

I think the cake looks WONDERFUL! I love to bake but I am NOT a cake decorator by any means of the imagination! LOL

12:51 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awwwwwwww, what an adorable little bean you have. :)

What a cool cake! The retro 8yr old in me says she wants one just like it for her birthday!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

OMG how did I miss this!? Hi Bubba!!! Hehehe, how exciting and that creepy feeling, I had that too. It passes, sorta. ;)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails