Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally it's here!

Tomorrow is my first prenatal appointment.

I am excited, scared, nervous... I've read in the book what to expect but things aren't really turning out the way I've been told to expect so far, so I'm wary. I guess I'm still kinda scared that someone is going to tell me that I'm dumb and I've made a mistake, and I'm not pregnant. Of course, you'd think the fact that I haven't had a period since January would be enough for me, but no, I still worry.

Add to that the fact that I am terribly bummed that my husband won't be able to go with me. He's worked for this company for eight years, and when do they decide to send him traveling? That's right. He left this afternoon, and he flies back in Wednesday afternoon. Just long enough to not get to go. Is the timing impeccable or what?

I guess it will just ease a lot of the worry from my mind, you know, having an actual doctor say yup, you got knocked up all right! My boobs aren't really THAT sore, not like I've heard people describe, I don't have morning sickness, I am a bit tired lately, but nothing over the top. I just feel like a tired-er version of myself! I haven't even cried at a commercial yet!

So, anyway, if you could send me your best wishes tomorrow morning. I'm thinking of heading to bed soon, as I am lame, and yes, tired.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Oooh :( I would totally go with you if I lived nearby!! good luck!! :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Heather Bares said...

I am sure that everything is fine. I have always heard that drs. hate the What to Expect books, so I wouldn't worry too much if things aren't going according to it.

6:42 AM  
Blogger toners said...

Good luck!! And everyone's experience is different, so don't worry about what you're feeling or not feeling... ((hugs))

8:18 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hope your appointment went well. I felt that same way when I went to my first appointment. I was so relieved when the nurse came out and said "yes, you are pregnant." One of the best books I read while I was pregnant was The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. (I think that was the title). It's a few years old but was just good, insightful, and above all humorous!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I think that all of your worries are so normal! Hope today goes great!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cloves said...

I hope everything went well. I never got the classic pregnancy symptoms with my kids. Makes for very nice pregnancies.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails