Friday, March 21, 2008

Drop flowers

I was going to call this post "drop it like it's hot" but that would have been too cheesey, I think.

Here are the cupcakes I decorated last night in class.

We learned how to do drop flowers (which these are) and roses. Roses are freaking HARD. They tell you, this is it, and bam, she has a rose. You're like, oh, no sweat, and you have a blob. The instructor did say that usually it will take you 200 practice roses until you're proficient, and I maybe made 15 last night. My icing was too stiff so they were kinda cracked/ruffled looking along the edges of the petals, but I think I got the basic concept down. The nice part about roses is that you don't have to do them on your cake. You can do them on little squares of waxed paper, let them dry a bit, then stick them onto your cake with icing. That kicks butt.

In other news, can I tell you how much I looooooooove maternity tops? I've been walking around for two weeks now with my pants unbuttoned, but it doesn't matter, because I have on these long, billowy tops that hide it! As a fat person, you know you're not supposed to wear billowy clothes because it just makes you look bigger, but now, it doesn't matter, because I'm pregnant! Woo hoo!

I don't get the aversion that some women have to maternity clothes. I've known girls who were five months pregnant who wouldn't wear it because it made them "look fat". Well, duh honey, you're five months pregnant! You're SUPPOSED to look fat!!! It's the only time in your life when you can get away with it!

You can just call me fatty fatty two by four, because now I have an excuse to let it ALL hang out! HA!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Your flowers look great! I am quite impressed! As for maternity clothes...sometimes I think I should wear them even though I'm not pregnant just because they'd cover up my gut!!! ;)

10:05 AM  
Blogger EquineSpirit said...

Oh wow...those look AWESOME! And honestly...I loved maternity clothes. Being pg was the ONLY time in which I enjoyed and flaunted being "fat"...LOL! I loved being pg!! :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh the cupcakes are STINKING ADORABLE!!!!

Ahhh.. enjoy the maternity tops!!! I'm sure you look adorable!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Susanne P. said...

i love the cupcakes! you could use those to decorate a cake, too, couldn't you?

some of those maternity tops are friggin' adorable! i have wanted to buy them! enjoy the freedom! LOL

11:33 AM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

I know this may sound silly but I feel a bit of envy when reading about your lunches and desserts. I wish I had the time to makes such delisious looking meals. Hell I probably do have the time, but I just can't seem to get it together. I admire you for your ambitions and talent!

As for the maternity clothes...I FREAKIN' LOVED them! Ross has the BEST maternity pants, well for me who has long legs haha, they were the first to ever really fit me in length. I also got some cute T's there also. Wear them with pride and have fun with it!

P.S. I have never felt as sexy as when I had a big round belly, it was the strangest thing but I loved it! Maybe it's what you said, I had an excuse...LOL.(Not lovin' the belly so much righ now...haha)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree. i was in maternity clothes on my way home from the doctor. he he

8:37 AM  
Blogger Emily Call said...

such cute cupcakes! they look so yummy. You did a great job with the flowers. By the way I found your blog through 2peas. hope you don't mind.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails