Friday, October 05, 2007

I'm going back to Cali -

Cali -

Cali!

I'm so excited for our "mini-break"! My best friend and I are driving to L.A. for Six Flags, shopping in the Garment District, and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! WOOT!

Here's some scrappy goodness that I did last year but I dont' think I ever posted:


The letters are Provo Craft, and I never got around to figuring out how I wanted to hang them. I saw someone on Two Peas had done a set, and she wired them together vertically, so I think I will try that. I really liked the way they looked.

Here is yesterday's lunch:Humbow, broccoli, carrot flowers, shumai, edamame, boiled egg, steamed rice with furikake, and meatballs. Yum.


And todays lunch, which I wolfed down in the car on the way home because I forgot my client's layouts there. Since it was an extra $100 for vacation, I totally decided racing home and eating TAMAGO (sheesh) in the car was worth it!

This is in the new Hello Kitty box that my husband got me for my birthday. I hadn't used it yet because I only have one box of this size/shape and when you're doing two lunches, it's way easier to make two identical ones instead of two different ones. He was having some lunch thing at work, so he didn't need a bento, hence, the inauguration of pink Hello Kitty Bento:


Contents: dark chocolate pocky in the spot where the spoon and fork were (they were just too small to use!), edamame, carrot sakuras, tamago, gyoza, steamed rice, and a dipping sauce pig that I didn't use due to my inability to drive and eat and use sauce. I'm just not that talented, and I'm sure my fellow motorists would thank me if they realized. I put a little leaf of baby bok choy on my rice for color, but I didn't eat it. A little side car of grapes, which I ate once safely back at my desk finishes this off.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, as I won't be posting again until after Wednesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan... said...

woot woot!! adorable bento - LOVE the spot for pocky - so cute cute cute!!!! you say dear husband got it for your birthday...but where did he get it?? inquiring hello kitty envious minds want to know :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love your new bento box!-so cute

have fun in cali-I am sooo jealous :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Your Boo is quite cute! I dig that paper you used. Wired together vertically with a good gauge black wire would look awesome!

Have fun in CA! :)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails