Friday, July 28, 2006

But I... can't... help... Falling

So this afternoon I was walking down the stairs and my friend goes, wow, that step is cracked. Yeah, I had noticed it was cracked, and even worse, I noticed that when my husband stepped on it the step kinda sagged in the middle. So I told her, Watch This! while I grabbed the hand rails on either side and stepped down on the crack.

I got a leeeeetle bit more than I bargained for at that point. The step COLLAPSED!

Holy hell, that scared the crap out of me. There was a lady moving in to the next building over, and she saw me almost fall. She was like, OMG, are you okay? Thank GOD I was holding the rails, or else my butt would have gone tumbling. I've fallen down stairs twice before, and I am thinking this would have been WAAAYYY worse.

I called the apartment complex office, and the guy was not so impressed. Oh, okay, we'll send someone out to look at it. Huh? No, oh, sorry you almost DIED, or Thank you for not rolling down the cement steps and breaking everybone in your body so you can't sue us, or at least, Hey, I'm glad you didn't get hurt!

I got home, and the step was still broken. Someone had, indeed, come out to "look" at it though, I could tell:

They cleared most of the chunkier bits of debris and spray painted the step the lovely yellow you see here. Of course, when I went to take this pic, hours had passed, but unfortunately, the paint had not dried. I have tried soap, rubbing alcohol, and nail polish remover, but the bottoms of my feet are still stained a sickly yellow.

Oh, and on the rain note - iIt rained for like two days! Kick butt!

I didn't post any happy hour layouts last week because I forgot my camera, but here they are, along with the ones I did this week:




2 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

I have fallen down many stairs...but it was always my fault...not that of the step!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

Love the HH layouts! Sorry about the yellow feet, but glad you didn't break your neck. That would make me sad.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails