Monday, June 19, 2006

Shopping, Dogs, and Insincerity

I went shopping with my friend this weekend. My goal was to find a dress, because I don't own any that fit, some tops that were not tee shirts, and maybe a pair of jeans. Yeah, I didn't find any of those. I did, however, buy a new Yankee candle (Chocolate Cappucino, yum!), cologne for my husband, Hope in a Bottle for my "Take care of skin" goal, and two scarves to tie back my hair. I also bought a little pouch carrier for Miss Gidget. My friend, she bought a puppy.

She's the cutest little thing, and sooooo sweet. Her name is Bailey, and she is a Cairn Terrier, like Toto in the Wizard of Oz. She's gonna be so spoiled! We drove up into Scottsdale and I took her to Mackie's Parlour. It is seriously the cutest dog store ever. They have everything, from inexpensive collars and toys to $200 Swarovski crystal collars and designer dog beds that are nicer than MY bed! She bought some bully sticks and ordered the most adorable dog tag. It was pink glitter enamel with a dog bone of clear Swarovski crystals in the center. I bought my girls each a cute green with white polka dots ribbon collar and some bully sticks.

Em asked why a truck of hay made me think of wishes. When I was a kid, I read a story about a boy who made a wish on his birthday candles. He really wanted his wish to come true, so he wished it every time he had an opportunity to make a wish. He wished on eyelashes, white horses, dandelions, and yes, truckloads of hay. What you do is you make a fist with your right hand, with the thumb up. Lick your thumb, pound your right fist into your left hand, close your eyes, and make a wish. You can't look back at the truck of hay, or your wish won't come true. Weird, huh? But it stuck.

I posted a progress report of my goals from last week. I did a really crappy job on them. Ah well, it's a new week. I've talked to a few people about the whole self image problem I am having, and it really made me feel better about myself. I really need to integrate the phrases "I'll take that into consideration" and "Wow, I never really thought of it that way. Thanks for the input!" into my vocabulary. I just have a hard time saying crap like that when I don't mean it. It's so insincere, I feel like people can see right through it. I know I'd be offended if someone ever said them to me, because it's such an obvious brush off. Apparently, there are people in this world who can be satisfied with that crap. Who knew?

Well, it's 5 am, and I am off to have my healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and veggies. I passed out yesterday at 6:30! I blame boring old basketball, ha ha! Anyway, that's why I am up so early. Later, I'm going to the gym. My pants are all tight again, boo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails