Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Personal Mission Statement

All corporations and successful businesses have them, and I am a corporation of one. Yes, I know that makes no sense, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! I've put a lot of thought into it, so without making you wait any further, here it is:

My personal mission in life is to be happy.

I seem to be failing pretty miserably at it too. Anyway, is that too simplistic for a mission statement? Hmm. I need to think some more about this I guess. I need help. I found this website on how to write a successful mission statement. Did I mention how much I loooooove the Internet? How did I ever survive without it?

So, from what I am reading, I guess my mission statement is supposed to address three things: My purpose, my business, and my values. My purpose in life is to live it to the best of my ability with minimal regrets. My business is being in everybody else's business, ha ha. Just kidding. My business is to celebrate myself, my passions, my choices, my authenticity and my spirit. My values are honesty, bravery, wisdom, and self-reliance. I think that's a good start!

So here it is... Miss M's personal Mission Statement:

My mission is to live my life to the best of my ability, with only minimal regrets. I am committed to celebrating myself, my passions, my choices, my authenticity and my spirit through honesty, bravery, wisdom, and self-reliance.

Is that too cheesy? I think it sounds okay, but I know I am still failing miserably at what I've written. Maybe, just maybe, now that I've written it down, I can memorize it and use it to help guide me when I start to experience those pesky self-doubts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danea Burleson said...

I think it sounds great! And I know you can do it to. :)

Sometimes loosing half of the 'I care what people think' gene can help. Of course you need a tiny bit of that but just not the self scrutinizing part...hehe.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Odette said...

I love your mission statement. I recently took a class and one our assignments was to make a personal mission statement.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails