Sunday, June 04, 2006

Dirty (Label) Whore

Fifteen pages... ten layouts. That's what I did today. Scrapbooker for hire, that's me! I'm gonna pack up the ol' bag and try to get some more done tomorrow at work if it's slow.

Yesterday, I shopped. Mmmm, found a couple of new haunts. They're so good, in fact, that my husband said he was going to ban me from going south of Germann, ha ha!

On Friday, my boss brought me presents! Yay, presents! Who doesn't love them? Remember when I posted about winning/not winning first prize in the Heidi Swapp drawing at the store? She brought me some things to make up for that. For starters, a bunch of books. I read a LOT. My boss and I have pretty similar tastes in reading material, so she brought me a bunch of books that she had finished already.

She also bought me this really stinking cool Kate Spade book. It's called Contents, and I had never heard of it before, even though it's dated 2000. They had a bunch of random New Yorkers come in and dump out their handbags and they photographed and inventoried the contents. This made my voyeuristic tendencies extremely happy. If you flipped to the back, it had a picture of each person, with their name, occupation, date of birth, etc. Very cool. The thing that really was interesting to me was just how many of these women carried multiple wallets. Seriously, most had at least two, some had up to four!

And finally, the piece de resistance... the CUTEST little Coach demi purse in the Optic C pattern, pink of course! She was like, I know it's not new, I got it at a consignment store, but it's the real deal, and I know how much you like these... Woo Hoo! I love it. It is, indeed, the real deal, and as cute as all get out. Just big enough to hold the essentials. I'm so excited, I can say I have a collection now, as I am up to four! That's enough, right?

So anyway, bargain shopper that I am, I HAD to ask about the consignment store. She told me the name and location, and on Saturday I dragged my husband along with me to check it out. Seriously good stuff to be found, let me tell you! Clothes, purses, jewelry, shoes, scarves, belts, just EVERYTHING! I loved it. I treated myself to the most darling, AUTHENTIC Prada wallet. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Miss M now owns REAL Prada! I'd been looking at wallets lately, but not finding any that I liked. Most were too big and bulky for my needs, or too small or too plain. This one is just right. Plus, it's Prada. Yes, I am a label whore. No, I am not ashamed. Mmm... makes me smile just thinking about it!

I also found a store called Home Goods. Think, Ross, but way nicer, with better organization, and only home stuff, no clothes. I really liked it. I bought pink Margarita rimming salt. Now I am ready for the next Margarita night! Woo Hoo!

Well off to eat dinner. Yeah, I know it's 11:30, but I got a late start on the day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Wow...I wish my boss would bring me gifts!! Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff! And I love Home Goods!! Such a fun store :)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails