Friday, February 11, 2011

Actually, You Probably Can Catch Me

I am proud to say that I ran all three days on plan this week! Sure, at times my running was a glorified shuffling jog, but I did it! After Monday, I realized that since I was running outside I could use the GPS function on the Couch to 5k app. I ponied up the additional 99 cents for the add on and I have to say it's totally worth it! Since I don't have a treadmill to tell me how far I've run, this is a great way to keep track of how far I've gone. I updated my distance tracker on the right sidebar.

Today I managed to turn on the music on my phone but forgot to start the app. I made it all the way to the end of the greenbelt when I realized that two songs had played and that was probably way longer than the five minutes my warmup should have been. I was so annoyed with myself! I wanted to give myself credit for that distance (I'm totally counting the walking parts of the program in my "miles run" count) but didn't want to guess how far I had gone. I remembered coming across a site called Map My Run last year so I checked it out today. I plotted my run from today and found that I had gone almost an extra three quarters of a mile!

I picked up a pair of these on Tuesday and I'm so in love. They're super comfortable. I love that they have a wide waistband to help hold in my chub. Unfortunately I got the last pair in my size and they seem to be out online. I'm trying to figure out what to wear on top though. I ran in a regular tee on Monday but the seams chafed the undersides of my arms. I ran in a bigger tee shirt on Wednesday (a thicker cotton men's cut one) but that wasn't comfortable either. I was going to wear a tank top but it was too cold. Today I ran in a thin long sleeved top and it was good for the first half of the run but then I got super hot and once again, uncomfortable.

Any suggestions?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

A couple underarmour shirts would be totally worth the money!!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger emily said...

Good for you! I might have to look into that app for my android phone. For the gym and walking/running I tend to buy tons of cheap tank tops from old navy...

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails