Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to Goldfield - Part One

My sister in law is here visiting. I love to think of things to do with out out of state visitors that are kind of unique. Originally we were going to go to the zoo, but then I had the greatest idea. We could drive out here:

And go here!


It's an old mining ghost town that has been fixed up as a tourist attraction. It doesn't cost anything to get in, and the few attractions you do pay for are pretty cheap.

This wuy greets you as you enter. He's cut from a sheet of steel.

This is a view of the backside of town against the Superstition Mountains, taken from the train.

Being a mining town, there is all sorts of old mining equipment around to see.



And of course, there is the actual mine. They do underground mine tours, but there was no way in hell I was going on one of those!!!



There were a lot of random old things scattered around with which to play.


I'm not sure what this was, but thought it was cool.



Loved this ashtray!

There were a bunch of old tractors and trucks on the outside edge of town. You know once Bubba saw them we'd have to go check them out.



This is just the tip of the iceberg of what we did! I am breaking up the posts about this because there are just so many great photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails