Saturday, April 28, 2007

WOOT! I'm all over the dang place!

Now, I'm scrapping! Okay, technically, cardmaking, but I spent a lot of time on these. I really love how they turned out.

Thank you card materials:

cardstock: Bazzill Basics. patterned paper: Making Memories. flower: Heidi Swapp. gems: Heidi Swapp, Making Memories. sticker: Martha Stewart. tag: American Craft. stamps: Q-bits, Michaels from the dollar spot. ribbon: May Arts. ink: Distress Ink, Ranger clear embossing. embossing powder: Adirondack. glitter glue: PSX Sparkles. other: thread, pop dots.

I stamped and embossed the image for grazie... etc., then cut it apart and mounted it on colored cardstock and pop dots to give it more oomph. I love these little envelope seals I picked up at Michaels today. They're part of the new Martha Stewart line. This woman made 18" x 18" scrapbooks! You have to see these things! Most of it though is stuff that's already been available, she just did it in her own packaging. I was really bummed that the individual sheets of paper only came in the ridiculous 18 x 18 size. My trimmer is bigger than most at 15 1/2", but it couldn't handle that! Too bad, it's really pretty, simple yet interesting patterns. Ah well.


Time to Celebrate card materials:

cardstock: Bazzill Basics. flower: unknown. clock transparency: Heidi Swapp. button: off an old coat. fonts: AL Cadence, Cooper Black. ribbon: unknown. ink: Distress Ink. thread: DMC embroidery floss.

I handstitched the corner, and the lettering is a LOT of text boxes. I love the look of the newest Heidi Swapp acrylic stamps, but she didn't do celebrate, so I had to figure it out on my own. I also used Word Art to put "oh happy day" in the center of the flower/clock. I used a stipple brush to add subtle distressing to the edges. It's pretty, but not too much, I dont' think. I stamped Happy Birthday inside with a Heidi Swapp stamp.

Oh, and check out the envelope:




It's all text boxes and MS Word Art. I added a Prima Flowerwith a Making Memories gem and a postage stamp sticker (Design Originals) for a little extra pop. The bottom left corner looks wonky because it would NOT scan to where you could read what it said, so I did a hack job in Photoshop to make it visible. The flower is at the end of the recipient's name, but since I have a pretty good No-Name-But-My-Own policy going on here, well, I just Photoshopped that out too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those cards are awesome. i love all the color.

s.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

super cute cards! love all the heidi swapp goodies you used :)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails