Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Update

Once again, I was unable to sleep last night. This is ridiculous. I didn't have any problem over the weekend! Granted, I didn't go to bed until 4 am Saturday night/Sunday morning, but I was up by 11 am. I went to bed about midnight last night and woke up at 3 am. BLAH!

To make matters worse, I have my first interview today! It's at a temp agancy for a temp-to-hire customer service rep position, so it's not the greatest job in the world, but hey, it's something I've done before and I know I can do again. Of course, now I will be all stupid and tired through it.

Weekend recap:

On Friday, it was shopping day! I hit 4 Asian markets that were scattered about town, and a little junk/stationery shop that sold Sanrio and San-X items. I scored a tamagoyaki pan for only six bucks! Those things retail for about $14 online, and then you have to pay shipping. I also got another sushi mold and some fun junk food. I have to say, I loooove all the fun stuff you can find at these markets, I just wish they didn't smell so bad!

On Saturday I went to the bead store with my friend. I was just there to keep her company, but I ended up spending $14. Oops. Then we went to another store, and I spent another $10 there. Got some pretty green beads and some findings to make a new pair of earrings.

When I got home, I grabbed the husband and we went to the Matsuri Festival in downtown Phoenix. We had fun, saw interesting items for sale at booths, giggled at the people dressed up in anime costumes, and ate crap....lots and lots of yummy crap. I bought a beautiful cedar sushi mold to make itty bitty rolls, and some marshmallows with chocolate inside for snacks. I can have 3 for only one point!

I also picked up a book of dog knitting patterns on clearance at Barnes & Noble for only $6. It came with the cutest bamboo needles with little dogs on the tops. This was my first time using bamboo needles, and I have to say, I am loving them so much more than the metal or plastic ones. Heck, the plastic ones are really crappy, they came with a kit and were actually my first pair. I think future purchases may have to be bamboo though.

I started a dog sweater. I'll let you know how it turns out. I've been knitting with the instructions propped open and my copy of Knitting for Dummies right next to it, to check on how to do those stitches that I forgot already. Both books are covered in sticky notes with markings about my gauge.

Yesterday I laid low and hung out at home while my husband ran some husband type errands. I made my bracelet with the green beads, restrung the silver one that I got in New York and broke already, and of course made the earrings. I also altered some earrings I got in the dollar spot at Target. They had these really ugly wooden beads on them, so I took them off and replaced them with pink Swarovski cubes. The two cubes cost more than the earrings!

I also worked a bit on my dog sweater and watched about a million episodes of Law & Order: SVU on the USA Network. Good times.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

Dog knitting patterns! I can't wait to see these! :)

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails