Friday, February 24, 2006

I love a rainy night

You know that Sesame Street theme song? Of course you do!

Sunny Days, sweeping the clouds away!

Ugh. Sunny days are the DEVIL! Give me a good, old-fashioned rainy day any time. Those fools down on Sesame Street didn't know what the heck they were talking about!

What is it about the rain? Maybe it's because I grew up in a desert, but something about it makes me really happy. I just wanna curl up with a good book, have some cocoa, and listen to it pelt the windows. It's beautiful, really, and as long as I don't have to drive anywhere, it's so peaceful.

The crappy part? It's been 129 days since our last rainfall. That's just over a third of a year!!! I remember, it was either last year at this time or the year before, but it rained every day for two weeks straight. Some people complained and said enough already, but I thought it was wonderful. The grass was a brilliant shade of green, the river actually had water in it, and no stupid sun in sight!

So, rain, rain, don't go away. We need you here TODAY!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonny Babe said...

Let's trade for a few weeks! After one of the wettest ever winters in the PNW I'd love to actually see the sun again... it's that big orange glowie-thing in the sky, right?

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails