Thursday, December 19, 2013

Need a Last Minute Teacher Gift?

If you're a slacker like me, you waited until the last dang possible minute to get together a gift for your child's teacher.  This is my very first year to have a kid in school and I totally almost dropped the ball!  Having been a teacher and having spent time in schools, I know that most teachers get enough apple themed stuff and fattening treats to last a lifetime.  I don't want to add to that.  I also know that there are a lot of people who just aren't into Starbucks gift cards.

I know, right?

Anyway, I came up with something quick, easy, and not too expensive.


A $5 pack of twelve sharpies, an $11 reusable cup from Starbucks (these things are double walled so they sweat less! Very important when you have a lot of papers around, as teachers are wont to do), a little tissue, a bow, and a tag I designed and printed myself - voila!  Easy last minute teacher gift!  I printed out the tags, cut them out, added an eyelet to the top (because I'm fancy like that) and tied the tag to the straw with a bit of baker's twine.

Also, because I was a teacher's aide for a lot longer than I was the teacher, I made up one for the aide in his classroom as well.  They work hard with your kids too you know and are usually forgotten on these occasions.

Just in case YOU need a last minute gift  too, or you want to get a head start on ideas for next year, here are my tags FREE for you!


Just click on the tag, then right click on the image to save. Please keep these for your personal use, and have a Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails