Thursday, November 21, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 35

This week I continued with my alternating of digital and traditional pages.  Since the last week I did was all done in Photoshop (praise the LORD for Photoshop!  I need to go add that to my Gratitude Tree!) I did this week all traditionally.  Therefore, no card close ups.


To make the title card, I took one of the first printables that I made and cut it down a bit.  I used a 1/8 inch hole punch to punch along the edge in a straight line, then stuck a metal dry embossing tool in the hole and pulled outward to replicate the look of torn notebook paper.


I found the quote on Pinterest, and the weather card is an iPhone app called Swackett.


I had a lot of photos this week, so I actually had to do a mini insert!  I used a Martha Stewart/Avery mini sheet protector for these. It was a little tricky because the dimensions are different than the 3" x 4" cards I'm used to making.  As a result, I had to go back and re-trim some of them after I was done making them so they would fit!  Duh.


I discovered after the fact that the quote I printed to use on this side of the insert had already been used earlier this year.  WHOOPS!  Luckily I had this one already printed and in my little basket of cards.


This is the right side of the week. I used a circle punch to cut out the logo of the Chinese restaurant from their business card.  The quote card was cut from a piece of card stock that was in a bag of assorted scraps and stickers that I bought at my local scrapbook store's "yard sale."

I accidentally made the yellow Costco card too wide for the space.  I guess I was having measurement issues this week!  Luckily because I don't use pockets I didn't have to go back and redo the whole thing.  I just adjusted the size of the card next to it.  It's just a cut down photo, so it was pretty easy.  So, there's another advantage to doing Project Life the way I do it!

Another week down... I will get caught up!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails