Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My FAUXlifax: October 27 - November 3

Here is this week on two pages:


I looked at a lot of Filofax pages on Instagram and Pinterest before deciding to go with this style.  The week at a glance works for me because it's enough space to write a little bit each day, without having to feel bad if I don't get to everything the way I did when I had the Daily pages in my household binder.  Those made me feel like a failure at the end of the day when I hadn't accomplished much.  Here, if I don't, no biggie.  There are pretty stickers in the space so it's all good!

Here's what my pages look like when I start:


You can click on that image to see it larger.  If you right click on the enlarged image, you can either print it or save it to your computer!  SURPRISE!  It's another bonus freebie!  Like the rest of my stuff, please keep it for personal use only, okay?

I think I'm going to move the days of the week on the right page to the right side.  Not sure yet.

I started off by blocking off some spaces with patterned paper.  I used the black stars on kraft paper from the American Crafts 6" x 6" Halloween paper pad from Target.  I cut the pieces to size, ran them through the Xyron, and stuck them in place.  Next, I added some washi tape.  The bats and woodgrain are also from American Crafts.  The gold metallic polka dots is MT Tape and the solid orange is Target Up and Up brand.  To make the banner flags I just cut two strips of washi at a diagonal, then laid them together on the page.

Next, I added stickers.  The candy corn, Trick or Treat sack, leaf and acorns, are EK Success/Sticko.  The gold stars are Colorbok. The dancing skeleton is Sandylion, the Scribble quote and hole reinforcements are 7Gypsies, the jack-o-lantern is American Greetings (from Target, found with the greeting cards), and the gray edged label is Martha Stewart.

Then, I added my words and dates.  The gray letter stickers are from the Target dollar spot, the date circle is Sn@p! by Simple Stories, the yellow speech bubble sticky note is from Hobby Lobby and I forget the brand, the corrugated orange 3 is a Thicker, the number stamps are PSX Antique Numbers, the ink is Colorbox Chalk Ink cat eyes, the rub ons spelling "first" are Doodlebug Simply Sweet, and the faux calligraphy is my own handwriting using a Zig Millenium .03 pen.

Next I'll go through and add the birthdays that are happening this week, as well as reminders to mail birthday cards for the birthdays happening next week so they'll get there in time.  As the week goes on, I'll write in what we had for dinner, anything of significance we did that day, and any funny things my kids say or do.  Come Saturday I'll start work on the following week's pages so that they will be ready to go on Sunday when the week begins.

Decorating pages is a nice way to decompress and do something crafty that I don't  have to worry too much about being perfect. I mean, scrapbooking is supposed to last until my kids are grown, but this?  This is purely for fun and for me.  If I don't like how it turns out, no big deal.  It's only being used for a week and then I get an opportunity to start all over again from scratch.  I have an excuse to buy cute stickers that practicality would have cause me to leave behind before.  I also have this whole new community in which I get to participate on Instagram of other people who love to do this too.

I think that's pretty awesome.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails