Twelve of 12 - July 2011
2. Orange vinegar! I put the peels from the oranges I used in my breakfast smoothie to soak in some plain white vinegar. After it's steeped for a few weeks, I'll be able to use it for my cleaning recipes.
4. Um... some of us are still having issues with getting our underwear on the right way. He's better, but this one was particularly funny.
5. Frankenblender! My friend's mom gave me a blender that she didn't use, but it's not really working either. It will blend up the bottom few inches of stuff but the stuff near the top just stays suspended there. I think it's a design flaw in the jar - it's just really tapered near the bottom. You can tell that the motor on this one is better than my old one though so I got an idea. I put the jar from my old blender on the blade assembly of the new one and wouldn't you know - it's a perfect fit!
6. I spray painted a few things. The little tray with all the compartments was a gift from my friend Suzy. When I saw it the first thing that I thought was that it would be a perfect display/storage piece for Hot Wheels! I cleaned it up and gave it a few coats of fresh red paint.
7. I went to drop off a few jars of jam to my friend's mom as a thank you for letting me pick apples from her tree. I was able to pick some of the last of her crop which was awesome! Hooray for free, organic apples!
8. This was the scene when I got home.
9. While we ate dinner (leftover enchiladas, of course, and they were better the second day!) we watched Master Chef. Can I tell you how much this girl's sour puss annoys the heck out of me? I saw this graphic a few weeks back, and when I saw this contestant she totally reminded me of it. She suffers from Chronic Bitchface. Seriously, even when the judges were complimenting her on something she did well she looked like this. I didn't even have to struggle to catch her with this expression, because SHE ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE THAT.
11. Here is the other one. I'm working on changing up my "mantel" from the patriotic theme it's been sporting the past couple of months. I felt the quote was quite appropriate seeing as how I'm turning 34 (eep!) in about a month.
12. After dinner I got to work peeling apples and managed to make four pints of applesauce from the apples we picked today. Not too shabby! These should tide us over until fall rolls around and I can get more cheaply.