Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This is why you join a mom's group...

...especially when you're new to this whole baby/toddler thing! Not only do you get tips and strategies on parenting along with the company of other women in the same life stage as you are, you also get lots of great ideas of fun things to do with your kids. These can be things that won't necessarily cost you any money and that you can do inside the house when it's stupid hot outside. Behold, the air mattress:



First he ran back and forth on it for a while.


Then he would go into the hallway, run into the living room, and then fling himself on it repeatedly. It was awesome. Luckily our downstairs neighbors are moving out! After he was done with throwing himself around on it he sort of started to dance and twirl in circles until he lost his balance and fell. I swear he kept himself busy on that thing for a solid 45 minutes before he pooped out.

Right now, he's sleeping like... well, like a baby! HA!

Thank you so much Kristy and Sara for this tip! I'm sure my husband thought I was insane or he was in trouble when I asked him to drag it out and inflate it, but it definitely kept us all entertained this evening. I hope the boy will have a repeat performance tomorrow!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I love ideas like this from other moms!! I'm so bringing out our air mattress. Those videos are adorable!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

HAHA! That's a great idea!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I for sure will be trying this!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

That's awesome! I'm trying this with the boy.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

oh my goodness! I love watching him run back and forth on it! LOL. What a cutie he is Sara and what an awesome idea!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Seattlean said...

Yeah, I thought I was in trouble...

9:13 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

What a fabulous idea. He is so cute!! I love how you kept the camera still on the first video and he just paced back and forth. I giggled watching it. He is so, so cute. His little happy run. :) Good tip!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

I just forwarded this link to a few of my friends that have kids. I'm sure one day, they'll break it out of their bag of tricks!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails