Thursday, September 02, 2010
I was tagged for 8Questionsby Little Miss Can't Be Wrong over at How I Met Your Father, who is one of my newer blog followers. That means today is a little getting to know me session!
1. If you could have any superpower what would you have? Why?
This one is easy - the power of persuasion. Did you ever see Firestarter? The father had this ability to tell people something, and then give a little push with his mind, and whatever he said the person would believe. I would like that power please! Just without the nosebleeds and genetic mutations, you know.
2. Who is your style icon?
I wear ill-fitting jeans and tee shirts every day. Obviously, I have no style icon.
3. What is your favorite quote?
I have two:
Have you ever been to Walmart? 'Nuff said! Seriously though, it's not that you have to doll yourself up for other people, but have a little pride and respect for yourself. Put on a bra, some real shoes, and pull a comb through your hair at least. It never fails that the day you leave the house looking the crappiest is the day you run into someone that you really didn't want to see you looking like that! I read somewhere that before you leave the house each day, you should ask yourself - If someone were to take a photo of me RIGHT NOW and put it on the Internet, would I be embarrassed/ashamed? I think that's as good a rule of thumb as any!
4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
No clue. My husband is reading that Five Love Languages book and my language is definitely NOT words of affirmation, which is probably why I can't answer this question. (Find your love language here! It's fun!)
5. What playlist/cd is your CD player/iPod right now?
My most recent playlist, the one that I listen to lately contains the following:
1. Tighten Up - The Black Keys (So awesome. The video cracks me up too.)
2. Thinking 'Bout Somethin' - Hanson (I know. Part of me died inside when I bought it but it's CATCHY, dang it!)
3. Kandi - One EskimO
4. Breakeven - The Script (It's perfect to sing along with in the car)
5. Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz (freaking catchy as well. Great for running, actually)
6. Overkill (acoustic) - Colin Hay (Scrubs soundtrack)
7. Message in a Bottle (acoustic) - John Mayer
8. Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
9. When I Get You Alone - Robin Thicke
10. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police
11. Used To Love You - John Legend
12. Yellow - Coldplay (If someone were to have written me a love song, I would have wanted it to be this one)
13. Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC
14. Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
15. Closer - Nine Inch Nails
17. Push (acoustic) - Matchbox Twenty
18. Time After Time (acoustic) - Matchbox Twenty
19. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
20. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus (I've always loved the beat on this one)
So there you go. I have the most freaking scatterbrained taste in music EVER. Also, for someone who really does not care for acoustic music, I have quite a bit on here. Huh. The next addition to this playlist will be Cee-Lo, I think. Dear Lord does that song make me laugh!
You should see the playlist that I alternate with this one. It's called FULL OF THE AWESOME and contains music by Sheriff, Bad English, Aretha Franklin, Journey, Queen, Merilee Rush, and Milli Vanilli. AWW YEAH!
6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Total night owl. Not even a question!
7. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
They both have their merits. If a cat didn't have to use a litter box, and didn't shed, I might lean more in that direction.
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
I came across something somewhere (it was over five years ago! I forget things!) that said "I am splendidly imperfect" and it really resonated with me. Perfection is boring. I am not perfect. I think my imperfections make me interesting though, and I embrace them as much as possible. When I decided to start my blog, that was the first idea that popped into my head for a title and nothing else came close. I like it because it's pretty unique, not like all the blogs called "Just Me" and "Simply Me" that are out there. I mean, if you Google splendidly imperfect, I'm the second result after a book on AMAZON. That's pretty cool.
©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.
Please do not take my photos without permission.
Contact me! email@example.com