Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Feeling like getting a makeover


I'm still thinking about what I want to do to revamp my blog. It's funny, because this is what my blog looked like when I started it:


Crappy picture, but the only one I could find. You get the idea. I've tweaked it a LOT. I took out the stupid picture at the top, narrowed the sidebar, moved it to the left side, widened the text area, changed the colors for the headings and type, added drop down menus to the sidebar for some things... Lots of stuff.

Of course, if you were to ask me HOW I did all this, I'd have to give you a blank stare. This was all done well over a year and a half ago, before I started working full time. I just messed with it, googled for answers to my HTML questions, and thanked the good Lord above for the "Clear Edits" button!

Now I want to revamp it, and just like any other language that you once knew a bit and never used, I've forgotten most of what I've learned. *sigh* Pretty lame, huh? I want to add color to the background, while keeping the main text area white. Gotta figure out how to do that. I like the width at which I have it all set. I'm thinking of picking new shades of the same colors... we'll see what, if anything, happens here.

Maternity portraits were so much fun! The photographer was awesome, she did a really good job of putting us at ease and making us comfortable. She's super complimentary too, hee hee! We did it outside at a park in the late afternoon. There was a pond with ducks, and one of them had eleven babies. Angelina (the photographer, check out her website) told us if we bribed the mom with food we could hold the babies, and sure enough, I got to pick up and hold three different ones. They were so little, just tiny black and yellow balls of fluff.

I'm really excited to see how the photos turn out. We took a LOT of them. Sitting by the pond with the ducks, next to the waterfall, lying on a blanket under a tree, on some bleacher/step things, with props, just us... it was definitely a lot of fun, and I'd recommend it over a couple of posed shots in a studio any day!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails