Thursday, April 17, 2008

No Touching!!!

Today, someone touched my belly for the first time.

Now, see, I had heard that this would probably happen. I was, in my mind, all sorts of prepared for it to happen. Here was my genius plan: when someone touched me, I'd just touch them back. Probably hand on boob or something. If they complained, then I'd say, all innocent like, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were touching each other inappropriately and without permission!"

Yeah, I'm clever like that.

So, anyway, I'm standing in the lobby at work, and one of the ladies who works upstairs walks by me, says, "How cute, you're so pregnant!", and rubs her hand across my stomach. It was a walk by rubbing! It happened so fast, and I was so shocked by it, that all I could do was stand there and say "Yeah".

"Yeah." That was my witty comeback to put her in her place. "Yeah."

To be truthful, I know this woman, and she is just the sweetest thing, and I can't really see myself grabbing her boob. Especially since she's a co worker. I guess I didn't think that part of the plan through, but then again, who expects coworkers to touch you, especially with all the No Touching rules we live with these days?

It was just kind of a weird feeling overall.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Susanne P. said...

i didn't even think about that part of pregnancy...and with you and your 'no touching' feelings already. you have a real sense of personal space and this may be a challenge for you because people are really forward when it comes to this. it use to freak me out a little bit. berto's dad was the worst. ewww.

7:30 AM  
Blogger BMT said...

Yeah..that was the worst part...I made it very clear to my co-workers I don't touch you please don't touch me... and out in public I was like a ninja stopping people from the rub! I think it is rude, and if I weren't pregnant would it be OK? NO so don't do it now... Good luck..I loved your plan though!!! Please try it on some unsuspecting person and report back!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails