Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bento's Back

I managed to haul my sorry butt out of bed a full 20 minutes earlier than usual so that I could eat a proper breakfast (instead of Carnation Instant Breakfast followed by saltines at work) and also so I could make lunch. I had a big bowl of miso soup with vegetables, and made the first bentos in MONTHS for the husband and myself.

Lunch yumminess - Koala's March cookies under the lid, three shumai, edamame, sliced baby carrots (too small for cutting shapes), half a hard boiled egg, a steamed barbecue pork bun, broccoli, and an onigiri filled with ginger soy chicken and sprinkled with black sesame seeds. Maybe not UBER healthy, but better than Wendy's or McDonalds or the mall food court.

We're at that weird time of year where there is some sunlight coming through the windows in the mornings, but not necessarily enough. Hence the shadows. This actually looked worse when I turned on the over head lights, so I left it.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and no idea what to expect. Seriously, what can they tell me if I was just there three weeks ago? I guess we'll see!

I also start my Fondant and Gum Paste class this evening. I've bought all the supplies, and when I get home from the doctor I will pack up my bag and have a quick dinner. I'm really looking forward to it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails