Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My lovely lady lump

Pop quiz:

How much weight have I gained so far? I'm twelve weeks along. Here's a photo of my gut to help.

I went to the doctor today, and she told me I've gained two pounds. That's right. TWO. I was like WHAT? That's IT??? She says, oh, two is good. I'm like, well, it feels like MORE than two. It sure as hell LOOKS like more than two!

Here's what it looks like when I look down:

My arms are making wonky shadows on the carpet that look like poo stains or something, ha ha! But back to the point... how is this only two pounds? I'm seriously in awe of this. The only thing I can think of is that maybe, since my appetite isn't as good as it used to be (aHEM) I'm eating less and maybe lost a little fat that was replaced by baby stuff to even things out?

Other visit highlights:

*after living on this earth for 30 years and 7 months, I finally learned my blood type for the first time(A positive, for reference here, in case I forget)

*I'm completely healthy - good blood pressure, immune to what I'm supposed to be immune to, no STDs (not even HPV), not anemic

*Baby's doing good - growing, ultrasound was good, right on track, heartbeat 170 bpm

Oh yeah, that's right... the baby's heartbeat, which I heard today, for the first time! What a freaking amazing feeling, to hear your child's heartbeat for the first time. To know that you're making an entire new person INSIDE of you. I know you hear people say it all the time, but seriously, it's nothing like hearing your own for the first time. To say it filled me with a sense of awe would be an understatement.

I don't get to see the baby's gender until the appointment after next... that seems sooooo far!!! I wanna KNOW dang it!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger mborrero said...

Congratulations.... Thank you for sharing your blessings with us.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Yes, congrats! Especially on the lack of STDs...KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For real congratulations - so exciting!!!!! I was just like you on the gender - wanted to know right away. I can't understand when people don't find out. I know it works for them, but to me it would drive me up a wall that my doctor knew & I didn't.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congrats! 2 lbs. is really good! When I was pg with my 3rd baby I gained 10lbs. between the 2nd and 3rd months.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Devon said...

OOH, 170? Might be a girl!! Old wives tale is that if the heartbeat is high it's a girl, low it's a boy. Jacob's was 140, so good luck with a girl!

4:43 PM  
Blogger justem said...

:)

(I'm going for the short responses today...) ;)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails