Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've got a brand new pair of rollerskates...

You've got a brand new key...

You are hoping that I am kidding here... but I am not. I am also fond of...

ellipsis. HA HA!

Seriously though. Sitting here on the floor next to me are a brand new pair of speed skates. These are not the dainty white numbers that we wore as children. These are low tops, look kinda like sneakers on wheels, and they're built for speed.


What happened?

Saturday night my friend and I went and watched a Roller Derby match. It was love. Talk about freaking entertainment. These girls are bad-ass, and we loved all of it.

Sunday afternoon she called me and asked if I wanted to go skating.

Now, tell me who had the bright idea in the first place to strap wheels on their feet? I was so scared, but then I remembered that I could have my dignity, or I could have fun, but I probably couldn't have both at the same time.

Tell you what, I had FUN. It was so much fun! We went around and around with all these little kids and a few brave parents. We ate bad pizza and drank lemonade. We skated some more and worked up quite a sweat.

And now that I don't have to wear funky rental skates and risk some sort of scary foot fungus, I can't wait to go back!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Danea Burleson said...

I am sooo jealous! I really want some skates too. At least you have a rink near by, I would be on yucky pavement!

Have fun...and when ya gunna post pics? :)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails