Friday, April 28, 2006

Just for YOU, anonymous poster!

Anonymous said... (and I quote:)
I think you should probably try and here all sides of the story before you call someone a racist especially if they have known you for a long time. It's not fair for you either to call them a racist without hereing the full story. Also, calling your father a "wetback" is horrible. Now that's a racist comment!
5:29 PM
*********************************************************************************
Hmm, me thinks that someone didn't read the note in my sidebar. Just for you, obtuse anonymous poster:

Please Note:
This is my blog, my journal, my place to record my thoughts and opinions. While I welcome comments and feedback, I will not tolerate rude or ignorant comments, especially not from anonymous sources. Those comments will be deleted.


I was going to just delete your comment because it really irritated me that you didnt' have the BALLS to post your damn name, you coward, but I decided to address it instead, since you OBVIOUSLY didn't get it.

For starters:

Learn how to spell. It's HEAR, not here. Sheesh.

So you think I should hear all sides of the story? What side would that be? "Oh gee, I'm not racist, you're my friend and you're Mexican, right?" Um, yeah, I think I addressed that in my post. Thanks for paying attention.

As far as me knowing them for a long time, well, sometimes you know someone a long time and you think you know them well, but you can never know EVERYTHING about a person, now can you? If you could, how do you explain those women who marry men who later in life decide to become women, huh smart guy? BURN! Ha ha! Just kidding. Anyway, it's not "fair" for other people to assume that everyone who is in this country illegally is here to rob and steal and take "our" jobs either, is it? But then again life's not "fair", and I'm sure we've all heard that little pearl of wisdom before.

Yes, I would have to agree with you that calling my father a "wetback" is horrible. But the fact of the matteris that the term was used to illustrate my point. Do I generally refer to Mexican people as wetbacks? No. In fact, the term kinda makes me cringe, just like using (which I don't. EVER. Not even when singing along with Kanye) or hearing the "N" word does. The thing, I was illustrating a point, and I used this little thing called "poetic license" to help me get it across. The only person that I ever even heard use "that" term in reference to my father in my whole LIFE was my mother, and she married the guy. You figure it out.

So, you cowardly (chicken-shit, dare I say?) anonymous poster, you have been spared my mighty delete key on this lovely, overcast, Arizona morning. My benevolence (*snort*) in the matter may not be as far extending as to the next incident.

You have a NICE day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:26 PM  
Blogger SplendidlyImperfect said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

Hmmm I am very curious when I see comments deleted. That said, it really makes you wonder if people only half read? With THAT said they must not be a fan of Carlos Mencia? Are you? Dude he is sooo funny no matter what race he is making fun of. ;)

Your cracker friend,
Danea

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails