Monday, February 03, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

A few weeks ago, my husband and the Bean got together to watch their team play the 49ers in the playoffs.


I'm going to let you guess for whom they were rooting.

Even though he's not really interested in watching the game itself, Bubba couldn't help but get in on the celebration when the Seahawks came out on top because it meant that:


Since we haven't really had a party in the entire three years we've lived in this house, we decided to invite our friends over for the game.  This meant I had to a) clean my dang house that I've been slacking off with cleaning for the past year.  I mean REALLY deep clean it!  and b) decorate.  Duh.

I didn't want to go too far overboard.  I finished my Valentine's Day "mantel" since that is over the tv and everyone would be staring at it for several hours.  Next I worked on adding a few Seahawks touches here and there.

First, I bought an inexpensive hand towel and embroidered the team's logo on it.


I hung that in the bathroom.  Note to self - do NOT use the "embroidery trick" on terry cloth.  That was a nightmare to remove!


Next, I gave the baby and myself new pedicures.  Priorities, people!


I found a super cute printable here and placed it in a frame from the Goodwill.


I came up with a menu.  I thought it would be fun to serve a few different kinds of soups with freshly baked bread for dinner along with the customary nibbles during the game.  My husband jumped on the idea, and thus, the Souper Bowl was born.  I made the labels in Photoshop and just printed them out on white card stock.  The silver holders I found at the restaurant supply store for a dollar each and stuck a small, flat magnet on the bottom so they'd stick to the back of the stove.


The chalkboard, which had been sporting a Christmas greeting for over a year, got a makeover.


I went shopping for party supplies.  The Seahawks plates were a surprise score at the Walmarts for two bucks.  The plastic spoons were from Party City, the and the bowl holding the napkins, the salt and pepper shakers, milk glass urns, and milk glass case were Goodwill finds from years back. The paper straws were from Hobby Lobby.  This was my first time using paper straws and NEVER AGAIN.  They're cute but get soggy and bendy pretty fast.  Lame.


I found the napkins and the plain white cups for the soup at my local restaurant supply store and embellished them with stickers I made using Photoshop, a 2 inch hole punch, and a Xyron machine.

Can I just tell you how happy I am that my husband's team has good colors?

We had our friends over and it was a blast!  Everyone ate until we were bursting and the kids all played together nicely in Bubba's bedroom.  My husband ate a handful of Skittles every time Seattle scored, and needless to say, he was all jacked up on sugar by the time I took this photo.


I'm so glad that we were able to enjoy the very first Super Bowl win for my husband and his team in a memorable manner with our friends at our home.

Go 'Hawks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails