Monday, September 09, 2013

Ten Things I'm Loving Right Now

Not having documented much here in the past year or so, I thought I'd do a quick post of things that I am loving right now.  It's completely random and in no particular order.

1.  Letter stickers
Particularly American Crafts Thickers.  I pretty much only buy them on discount because I feel that it is ridiculous to spend five bucks on a package of stickers.  It's absurd!  I have had great luck finding them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Big Lots for about $1.50 a package.  I also love the teeny Recollections glitter alphabet stickers that they sell at Michael's for about two bucks.

2.  Filofax




Have you seen what people are doing with these things?  I'm obsessed!  I totally stalk the #filofax hashtag on Instagram when I have a minute or two to kill here and there.  I don't even go anywhere or do anything really that would even require me to have a planner, and yet I find myself wanting one really badly.  Luckily these suckers are expensive and Target only has thin black ones that are not cute, so I'm safe for now.

3.  Faux calligraphy




I saw this online and I thought it was a fun way to try hand lettering without having to invest in special pens, nibs, and ink.  You just draw your letters then go back to thicken up certain parts so it has that calligraphy feel.  I found an old composition book and I've been randomly doodling in it for practice.

Just so you know - that is NOT my handwriting.  Those are letters that I drew, and there is a huge difference.  My actual handwriting is big and kinda loopy and not at all cute.

4.  Anything "kawaii"




Come on - it's CUTE!  I can't get enough of these anthropomorphised foods and objects.  If you look at some of my Project Life stuff, especially the stuff I've done digitally, you'll see things in this style pop up quite often.

5.  Copic markers



I resisted these for a LONG time.  Then along came YouTube and totally convinced me that I needed these markers.  I watched so many videos on Copic coloring techniques before I even owned one.  I told myself there was no way I was buying markers that cost eight bucks EACH.

Well, then I found a huge bin of them at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, and felt it was a sign that the universe wanted me to have them, so I bought some.  Then, two weeks later I went back and bought the colors that were left that I didn't get the first time.  Then I bought a set using a 40% off coupon.  Then my husband bought me some for my birthday.  Next thing you know - I've got a decent little collection of these going on here and we paid WAY less than retail for them!

I practiced blending techniques on a worksheet I found online before I was brave enough to actually try coloring in an image.  Those two are my first few tries.

6. Washi tape


It's just so PRETTY!  And it comes in soooooo many patterns!  You can use it on everything but because it's repositionable it doesn't ruin anything.  I bought a package of tags at Walmart for a couple of bucks and put a swatch of each of my tapes on it.  Then I slid them on a ring and now I have a handy reference!

7.  Pocket Tupac


You've heard at least ONE person say something like this before:  "It's TRUE!  He's not dead!  He's ALIVE!  My auntie's brother-in-law's cousin's co-worker saw him at the DMV last year!"  They're either talking about Elvis or Tupac Shakur.  We discovered these Funko Pop vinyl figurines that come in all sorts of cute characters, and my husband commented it would be funny if they had Tupac or Elvis to take photos of them different places as a joke in reference to neither actually having passed.  

Well, lo and behold, Funko actually makes BOTH!  I decided to go with Tupac as I thought he was funnier and ordered him online.  He lives in my diaper bag so that I can take photos of him in different spots.  He's been spotted at the MAC store, Benihana, in the bushes outside my house, and, as seen above, in the produce section of Walmart.

He gets around.

8.  Salted Caramel Mocha Frappucino


People like to go on about the Pumpkin Spice Lattes this time of year, but for me, the fall drink of choice at Starbucks is the SCM Frappucino.  I had one last night for dinner.  Don't judge.

9.  Angie's Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn


Have you had this stuff yet?  Oh my word!  I never really liked bagged grocery store popcorn like this.  It always seemed to lack the crispness and flavor of fresh popcorn.  It's usually kinda chewy.

I don't know what possessed me to pick up a bag of this one day at Target but I am sure glad I did.  It' is flipping DELICIOUS.  Not chewy at all and the balance of sweet and salt is perfection.  Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so because my Target is almost always out of it. When I do see it on the shelf, I'll grab three bags without hesitation.  It's that good.

And, finally, last but definitely not least:

10.  Hello Kitty


This is a corner of my scrapbook room.  It is just a small sampling of the Hello Kitty stuff I have around my house.  I can't help it - she's CUTE!  You should see the awesome iPhone cover my husband got me for my birthday.  Ooh, or the headphone jack charm.  I'm really loving the Japanimation stuff they came out with this year.  And the Hello Kitty Uglydolls?  They're killing me!  How about the cute Hello Kitty Kiss vinyl figures that my husband found for Mother's Day?  I still need one more to finish that set.  And then there's the Happy Meal toys... the pens... the stationery... the pajamas...the mug...

It's a sickness, but I love it.

And there you go.  Ten things I'm totally loving right now.  :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

Great copic coloring!!! And thanks for getting I get around stuck in my head! ;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love hello kitty too, get told i am too old but i am same age as hello kitty so i think that it is ok. lol

11:12 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

So cute! Have you seen the Tokidoki stuff? http://www.tokidoki.it/ I love picking up a box when I'm in Barnes and Noble and being surprised at what I find inside.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails