Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Project Life 2013 - CHICAGO! Part One

There's a part of me that can't believe that I went on a trip without blogging about it.  I mean, I don't go on trips very often at all.  In fact, this was the first time I've been on an airplane since before Bubba was born!  But, I have to accept that this was the season of life I was in and it didn't happen.  There's nothing I can do about it now, unless I want to "cheat" and go post date a bunch of posts.  (I do not.) 

What I can do is post the pages I scrapped about it!  Hey check it out!  Thanks to Project Life I went on a trip and it got put in the scrapbook mere weeks after it happened.  I can't say that about most of the trips I've taken.

I'm only going to post one page of these at a time because there are so many.


Here's the overview of the page.



I found an image of the Chicago flag online and added text.  The font is Lobster.


I made the text/cloud background myself. The retro boarding pass I saw on someone else's PL and I loved it.  After MUCH Googling, I was able to recreate it for myself.  I love this card! The typewriter font is Batik Regular.


More made by me flair! I'm saving the cute ones and when I get enough I'll offer them as a freebie.  The font in pink is Channel.


This is the lobby of our hotel.  Amazing, isn't it?  The peacock image I used was everywhere - on the carpet, embroidered on pillows, on the paperwork.  You know where it isn't?  Online.  I couldn't find it anywhere! Luckily my friend Suzy saved the little paper top that they put on the drinking glasses in the rooms (FYI - don't EVER drink from those without washing them first - signed, former hotel employee) and it had the logo.  I scanned it and was able to recolor the image for my card.


Some details from around the hotel.  They still use a vacuum mail drop system that's trimmed in brass.  SO PRETTY.  The doily background is from a free digital kit offered by Persnickity Prints by Design House Digital.

I'll be back with the next page later.  :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails