Friday, August 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Week Three


Third week and I'm already late.  Sheesh.  I guess it's okay because now I can call this

The Birthday Edition!

That's right - I'm 35 years old today.  Somehow 35 seems more significant to me than 30 did.  I wasn't one of those women who freaked out about it.  It was just another birthday, no biggie.  However, the thing that's getting me on this one is the checkbox thing.  You know how when you take a survey or fill out forms and they want you to check a box for your age range?  It's always 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, etc.  I'M MOVING UP A CHECKBOX Y'ALL.  That is what is freaking me out.

You know, I blame my husband for this.  I was young when I met him.  I caught "teh old" from him through osmosis.  I'm sure of it.

Either way, the first thing of course for which I'm thankful is that I'm here to celebrate another birthday!


I'm thankful for fresh baked bread.  I haven't made bread in so long, but this week I whipped up a few loaves.

I'm also thankful for butter.  Mmm... butter.


I'm thankful for fun apps on my phone so I can keep myself busy messing with photos while I'm holding a sleeping baby and can't do much else.  How cute is this BubbleFrame app?

I'm thankful for  my iPhone.  I'm lucky to be able to own this fun and USEFUL piece of technology.  Never would I have imagined that a phone of all things could be useful for so much.  I make grocery lists, I keep track of appointments, I have access to my email, I can tap for instant access to craft store coupons, it's a flashlight, it's a white noise machine, it's a way to take and edit photos, it's a way to keep up with old friends and make new ones, it's movies, games, and tv shows, it's a learning tool, it's a reference tool, it's an inspiration tool, it's a weatherman, it keeps me from getting lost and helps me find things - oh yeah, and it's a phone too.  FREAKING AWESOME.


I'm thankful for leopard print, rhinestones/glitter/all things sparkly, and the color pink.


I'm thankful for friends who will come over when I'm housebound for play dates.  The measure of how good a play date was, to me anyway, is how soon after your kid passes out from exhaustion and how long they sleep.  This was a good one!


I'm thankful for friends who come over bearing crafty gifts and show me how to make new things.  These are teeny hair barrettes for the baby.


I'm thankful for RAIN!!!  Last night at about 1 am (so technically this morning I guess) it started to pour.  It's like the stupid desert decided to give me an awesome birthday present.


That wagon filled up in just a few minutes.


 I'm thankful for the cooler weather that the rain brought along with it.  It's been between 110 and 115 degrees pretty consistently the past couple of weeks.  I was actually able to let Bubba play outside in his sandbox for a little while this afternoon!


I'm thankful for my husband who will use his lunch break to bring me lunch.


I'm thankful that my boy loves his sister, even when she's being a grouch.

I'm thankful for my sling, so I can do things like post on my blog and wash bottles when some baby is being a grouch and wants to be held OR ELSE.  Especially when someone who shall remain nameless requests a cup of chocolate "baby milk" and then spills half of it all over the rug so I have to clean it.  Grr.

I know there is more, but that's what I'm getting off the top of my head right now.  I'm linking this post to Domestic Fashionista's Thankfulness Thursday link up.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad we were able to visit! Gabriella had so much fun! Miss Kelly is so sweet and Bubba iwas so polite and excited to play with Gabby! You made super cute clippies! Use them every single day before she's big enough to realize they are there and pull them out of her hair. :)

2:54 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Happy birthday...way too belatedly!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails