Thursday, October 06, 2011

Bubba's Fantasy Birthday Wishlist, 3rd Ed.

I've finally gotten around to sending out the invitations for Bubba's birthday party this week. We didn't do a party last year, so I figured we would do a little something this year. Nothing fancy - pizza and cupcakes and favors at our neighborhood playground, because let's face it, all three year olds want to do is run around like fools anyway, right?

Usually I try to do the Fantasy Birthday Wishlist closer to the beginning of the month, but I honestly forgot. It's fun though - it's like window shopping on the Internet! Here's what made the list this year.

Pillow Pet

Okay, DON'T LAUGH!!! My son is totally obsessed with these things. Every time we go to a store where they have them, he wants to sit and play and snuggle with them. My friend's daughter has one, and he's constantly trying to get it for himself when he sees it. When the commercial comes on tv he grabs a pillow from the couch and runs around imitating the kids on the commercial. Even now, as I'm typing this, he's standing over my shoulder pointing to the screen saying, "OH, look mom, Pillow Pet! Pillow Pet for Bubba?"

I like the monkey, and the Seahawk one is pretty cool too, but how can you resist Sparky???

Automoblox

Have you seen these? They're like if you took Legos and crossed them with really cool toy cars. Bonus - they're not all plastic, but instead a lovely wood with colorful plastic accents! You can mix and match the pieces from different cars to make new ones. I've given sets of these as gifts because I just think they're so cool.

Melissa & Doug Car Carrier

This would get SO much use at our house! We live by about four big car dealerships, so those car carrier trucks frequently drive down the road behind our back yard to get to the freeway. Our vehicle-obsessed boy LOVES them!

Play Doh

Yeah... I'm insane, but the kid LOVES it.

Wooden Building Blocks

It doesn't really matter what brand, as long as they're wood. These are made by Plan Toys, who I love, but there are lots of other companies that make them.

Lego Duplo Cars Play Sets

The boy has gotten into playing with his Legos in the past few months, and he LOVES everything Cars, so when I saw they had made these sets I knew they were a match made in Bubba heaven. I still doesn't quite have the small motor skills to be able to use the regular small bricks, but the Duplos are perfect for him.
Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set

While I usually tend to shy away from toys that a) are plastic, b) make noise, and c) require batteries, I have to say I really liked this one. It's simple enough that he can use it without help, but it will teach him important lessons. Plus, he will like that it a) is plastic, b) makes noise, and c) requires batteries.

Membership to the Children's Museum of Phoenix

Well, since this is a fantasy wishlist, I can't not put this on here. This place is awesome, but it's not cheap to visit. Best part - it's indoors, which means we can use the membership all year long, not just when the weather's nice. Which reminds me...



This may have been the best gift the boy received last year. It was so nice to be able to pack up and go to the zoo without worrying about what it was going to cost! Since our zoo is awesome and lets you bring in your own food, it made for a very budget friendly outing. I was told that if you renew before October 31 you can get a discount with code "SW1" which gets you $5 off a membership, 2 free tickets to zoo lights, & $10 worth of free attractions (i.e. carousel, stingray bay, etc.). She said children 2 & under are free and if you join before they turn 3, they're free for the whole year, but last time we went the guy at the gate asked Bubba's age like he wanted to charge us for him, so I'm not so sure about that. Go to http://store.phoenixzoo.org/Membership-C1.aspx and click on 'Enter Promotional Code' at the top.

And that's it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great list! I added a few of these items to my amazon wish list. I store gift ideas there. I have several nephews, so I'm always needing boy ideas.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm with Bubba. I love those Pillow Pets!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Danea Burleson said...

Cool list. We bought Odin a turtle pillow pet and it sits in the closet, untouched. If it was the monkey I would send to to you- or, if a turtle would do, I will send it to you. Lol. I would send you the phonics toy but alas I have no idea where all the pieces are and we actually have designated boxes for toys- it's mind boggling where that shit goes. LOL. Blocks are a big hit here too. Looks like Bubba would get a long great with my boys! LOL

The Automoblox look AWESOME and my boys would go nuts over those- Christmas list for sure!!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails