Monday, September 26, 2011

Meal Plan Monday - September 25

I was looking at my weekly planner pages for this week and I'm in total shock that it's pretty much October. I mean, I knew it was coming, and I've been decorating, but DANG. September flew by! I haven't even picked out a Halloween costume for the boy yet!!! Yikes!

Here's this week's meal plan:

Monday - Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas.

Yes, they're on the menu AGAIN. I was going to make them on Friday, and even was responsible and took the roast out of the freezer on Wednesday to allow it enough time to thaw. It's only a three pound roast so I figured two days would be enough time, but I figured wrong. That sucker was solid as a rock when I went to put it in the crock pot on Friday! Dang.

So anyway, now it's thawed finally and I need to cook that bad boy, so into the crock pot it goes!

Tuesday - French Chicken Broccoli Supreme

This is making it's appearance here again for pretty much the same reason as the carnitas; it was planned, but I didn't follow through. This time I hope to be more successful!

Wednesday - Pork Chops, Quinoa with Corn and Scallions

The quinoa recipe is from Pinterest. The pork chops I'll just pan fry, nothing fancy.

Thursday - Shiitake Chicken with Steamed Rice

I got this recipe from the now gone Tranquility's Kitchen blog. Wendy used to post the most awesome authentic Chinese recipes there, and I miss her blog. :( I wish I had written more of them down.

Friday - Leftovers!

Saturday - WW Chicken Linguini

If I keep planning and not following through, these posts are going to get very boring. *sigh*

Last week's progress:

The only thing I made all week that was on my plan was the Beef and Potato Salad. It was tasty, I'll admit. The flavors were a bit different to my palate, but I enjoyed it. It was weird though, even though it was mainly beef and potatoes, I still felt hungry after I ate! My husband said the same thing. It should have felt more filling but it did not. Strange.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails