Friday, August 20, 2010

Paper, Not Food

When talking to people about the God awful, oppressive heat that we have here in my home state of Arizona, the phrase that gets tossed about constantly is "Well, it's a dry heat!" Um... yeah. So is an oven and you don't see me hanging out in one of those, do you? People leave out that little detail! Also, it's not always so dry. Sure, we may not have the 90% humidity that other parts of the country get, but you pair what humidity we do get with 110 degree temperatures and August can get pretty brutal.

It doesn't help that I live in a second story apartment with giant windows that happens to have the AC unit on the roof either. When the humidity sets in that thing just struggles! It's been between 80 and 85 degrees in here during the middle of the day for the past week and I'm miserable. This also means that the last thing on Earth I want to do is stand in front of a hot stove. I'm not proud of it, but I will admit to having burgers three times in the past week.

They were GOOD too. Food that someone else cooks just has an edge in the taste department sometimes.

To keep myself busy, I've been playing with paper. That explains the recent foray back into scrapbooking, in case you were wondering. I realized that after I did my Thankful Thursday post yesterday that I failed to put a photo of the actual finished page on there. Whoops. Here it is:

Okay, I know what a lot of people may be thinking - Cake? Her first entry and she's thankful for CAKE??? Hear me out here! There are the BIG things for which we're thankful - family, our kids, our spouses, our health, a roof over our heads, etc, and then little things, like cake. If I started out posting about all of the big things, by the end of the year I'd be struggling to find little things. In my last book, I spaced the big things out during the course of the year and then filled in the gaps with the small things. I plan to do the same for this one.

I swear I'm not a total shallow idiot. :)

I also was able to add two more layouts to Bubba's scrapbook.


Both photos were taken on the same day, when he was just six days old. What a cute little peanut. :) If you'd like to visit the wayback machine and see some of my really old layouts, you can hop on over to Two Peas. I started to add some of these new ones there as well.

Well, off to bed!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

It's been a rotten summer everywhere!
Dumb question. Looks like you've got glitter on your cherish letters, what method do you use? My glitter is always falling off all over the place

1:14 PM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

I hear ya. We had such a slow lead in to summer here. June was amazing, but lately, it's just been hot and hotter. This morning, I didn't get out for my walk until 6:40AM and that was way too late. The air was just THICK and miserable. Anyway, it's cool you're doing some fun crafting to replace your cooking time and to distract yourself from the fact that it's too uncomfortable to go outside. Cute pix of Sawyer!! And I think it's lovely to be thankful for the little things. :)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails