Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Little Helper

Random photo of little man in the bath last night

We were watching Couples Retreat when the Bubs decided that he was going to be, literally, in a pissy mood. I picked him up to try and get him to settle down, and I said to my husband, oh, well, he needs a new diaper. He told me that he'd change the baby in a minute.

Well a minute came and went, and neither of us moved, and the baby was still grouchy. Finally, I took off his pants and diaper to try and get him to quit fussing, because as anyone with a toddler can tell you, they LOVE nekkid time.

Sure enough, the boy climbed off my lap and proceeded to run happy laps around the apartment while pausing occasionally to see how far he could stretch his junk.

It's alarming how far it will stretch, actually.

I told my husband that I was going to go put a diaper on him, and he said no, he would do it. Well, you guessed it, we both sat there not moving. It had only been a couple of minutes, after all. No biggie.

Then the baby came into the living room, plucked an old hand towel out of the basket of clean laundry that was being folded as we watched the movie, and ran out of the room again. We looked at each other and both of us finally jumped up to follow him.

That baby had peed on the rug in my scraproom and was trying to blot it up with the towel!

I thought I might die laughing. I guess he's seen us clean spilled water from the dog's dish and dog pee off the kitchen floor a few times and made the connection. Gross, but cute and funny.

Potty training is going to be a LAFF RIOT.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

That is hilarious! It's amazing how much they imitate! BTW - sounds like our house. Yeah, I'll get the diaper in just a minute.....

8:10 AM  
Blogger Samara Link said...

Ewww! :) It's funny the things they notice.

10:28 AM  
Blogger AZAnjanette said...

yeah wait til you find the same towel cleaning up a pile of pooh only instead it's wiped on the carpet, some shoes and the wall.....um that was us THREE times last month...YUCK! thank god for our carpet steam cleaner! It was worth it's weight in gold. haha and i was laughing about him pulling his junk. My son does that too and sometimes, he grabs it and I ask him if he has to pee and he says no. So I guess every now and then he just needs to check on his little friend and make sure it's still there. I call it the stinky winky.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

OMG! that is hilarious! my daughter did pretty much the same thing when she was potty training, except that she used her blankie to clean up but i didnt know until i grabbed the blanket for bed time. She wouldnt go to bed without the blanket so she stayed up for another 2 hours till it was ready.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! My gracious sakes. So adorable! :)
And thank you for the coupon tips, lady. And the warnings!! You're one of the few to warn me into little traps that I might (would likely) fall into. :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger mademoisellechitchat said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so big, Sarah!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, isn't that just the cutest. I love it! :D

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails