Thursday, August 13, 2009

12 of 12 August 09

Susan sent out a reminder on Facebook that yesterday was the twelfth. I was so excited to do my 12 of 12, because, as you know, I seem to ALWAYS forget. If I do end up remembering, it's in the afternoon when the whole day has pretty much gone by and there is no point in starting.
Here is yesterday in photos!

I was up at 2 am. Actually, I was up at 1:30, but didn't take a photo of the clock until two. I went to bed at 11, so that meant I slept for four hours. Unfortunately, that's been pretty average for me lately.

Bubba got up at about seven and I made him some breakfast. He had whole milk baby yogurt with peach puree mixed in.

Then I made myself a sandwich. I found this Flat Out bread at the grocery store earlier this week. It's halfway between a pita and a tortilla. I kinda like it. This is semi-healthy, right? I like mayo! I can't help it!

Bubba needed a bath before our doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I decided to give him his very first bath ever in the big tub. Since I'm a worrier, and I needed to shower too, I just got in with him. We busted out some rubber duckies and the bottle of bubble solution. He had himself a good old time!

Then we were off to the hemotologists. When Bubba was a brand new person, we had to do this test where they pricked his little heels and squeezed some blood onto a card. That card was then mailed off to the county where they did genetic testing on it. Well, his came back with an unknown hemoglobin trait, which means that something was different in his blood, but they weren't sure what it was. We had to go in and get his blood drawn for more tests now that he's older to see if that trait has changed or gone away. Since his is unknown, they couldn't really tell us anything about it. Freaking lame, right? Just the thing the worrier mom wants to hear, ugh.

Every mom says how hard it is to watch their kid get their immunizations, and how they cry and how upsetting it is. I'll tell you what, I've done okay with immunizations. It only lasts a few seconds, it's better for the baby in the long run, blah blah blah. I'm a trooper. However, having to watch your baby get blood draw from their arm - that shit is freaking traumatic. I thought I was going to throw up! Thankfully my husband was there with us and he was able to hold the baby still. Never mind that the hemotologist's office also happens to be the same place where all the kids who are sick with cancer have to go so I was stressed out already. That was just bad bad bad all over.

The doctors were impressed with Bubba's iPhone though. Heh.

Afterwards, I needed a sweet tea from McDonalds to calm my nerves. Yes, copious amounts of sugar and caffeine are calming for me. I'm weird.

I may have also gotten a Happy Meal and let Bubba taste the fries. He also came THIS CLOSE to getting liquid from a straw (it was orange Hi-c: not great to be giving the baby, but better than soda or tea. Besides, I didnt' think he'd get any, as he hasn't learned how to work a straw, and he didn't. I swear I'm not a bad mom!!!). I was so impressed. He got the liquid about 2/3 of the way up before quitting. We tried at home with a smaller straw, but he was over it already.

I laid down on the floor with the baby when we got home. While he played with his toys, I looked at a magazine. I have a terrible backlog of them and I'm trying to get caught up to clear some of them out. Miss Gidget decided to climb up on my back and make herself comfortable.

Then Bubba decided that he was a cat in a past life and plopped his little behind right on the page I had been reading. I gave up on that magazine at that point.

And there are my eight photos. That's right, I only managed to get eight. When I went to put the baby down for a nap at five, I ended up falling asleep too and slept until four this morning! THAT'S ELEVEN HOURS!!! I slept through the baby waking up, I slept through a thunderstorm, I slept through dinner, I slept through the baby getting put back to bed... Can I tell you how nice it was to finally get a decent night's sleep after a month?

Things are looking up here in Miss M land! :)



Blogger Felicia said...

Ya for sleep!
I am really surprised you slept through the was freakin' loud.

8:14 AM  
Blogger kingsqueen said...

Oh I bet that was a gooooooood sleep! Glad you got a decent night's rest.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Hooptee said...

Sami had to have blood drawn for a low hemoglobin level. I couldn't watch. I just held her and turned my head. It was awful! Luckily her levels came back normal. I hope everything turns up normal for Sawyer too!

Glad you finally got some sleep!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Iris Flavia said...

11 hours!!! Wow, guess you really needed some sleep, huh?
Cute pics! :-)

2:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I can agree (with the deepest sympathy) that seeing, and holding your baby during a blood draw is HORRIBLE! An IV is almost equally as heart wrenching as well.

LOL @ Gidget on your back, and Sawyer on the magazine. :)

11hrs. of sleep sounds heavenly!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

First off, I apologize as I haven't been to your blog forever. Ah hell, I hadn't been to my own blog forever...LOL. Anyway, just wanted to say that I am quite envious of your killer "Nap". Hahaha. And I love the cat true! :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger a H.I.T. said...

Bubba is so darn cute! I'd be a huge worrywort about some unknown problem. Praying for you!

And I love that he plopped right down on the magazine! Definitely a cat trait :)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails