Wednesday, August 05, 2009

STOP - Bubba Time!

I left college and sorority life with both good memories, and bad ones. (Whitney Lynn, I will never forgive you for not returning my scrapbooks after I trusted you with them! Unless, you know, you return them.) I also left with STUFF, in particular, lots and lots of tee shirts.

Hey - do you know how many sorority girls it takes to change a lightbulb? Four. One to change the bulb and three to design a tee shirt commemorating the event! HA!

I've pulled my favorites from the pile and have them set aside so that I can make a quilt from them. One day. You know. The rest, however, are sitting in a bag gathering dust. You're not supposed to give them to Goodwill, as they have our letters on them, and technically, only sisters are supposed to wear the letters. That's also why you are not supposed to sell them on eBay. So, unless you can saddle some new member who has yet to build her own collection with your rejects, you're kinda stuck. That is, if you follow the rules.

I am nothing if not a rule follower.

Tee hee - check out Bubba's pants:

He was dancing a weird little baby jig while I was trying to take these, which is why I had to use the flash. I hate the flash!

He loves that mirror though. I'm glad I slacked off and never took it out of it's wrapper to hang on the wall.

I made those pants today out of one of my old sorority tee shirts! Mostly, I just wanted to see if I could. I think they came out rather well. I found the directions in this book:


With the exception of the tension problem I had because I skipped an important part of the machine threading process (oops), they were SO freaking easy! I made myself pajama pants from a pattern once, and they were a total pain. I was worried these would be hard to do like those were, but nope! Piece of cake!

Next, I'm going to try making him some shorts. Hello, upcycling!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger kellybelly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are incredible! Everytime I read your blog, I walk away thinking, "hmmm....I need to get out my sewing machine and try that..." Unfortunately I have yet to do any of your fun looking projects!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Whitney just commented to me the other day how she thought you were still holding a grudge, I told her "nah" but I guess she was right! She gave the books back to the chapter before she graduated, they are probably floating around somewhere in storage....maybe some day I will find them for you.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mrs Anne said...

how cool!!!

love them! love him!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Maggi said...

Awesome!! That book's been on my wishlist for like forever; I guess I've got a good reason to get it, now!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails