Thursday, June 12, 2008

First Baby Furniture

We bought, assembled, and installed our first piece of furniture for the baby's area today:

That's right. It's a bookshelf. Anyone who's known me for a long time knows, I've always been a lover of books. As a kid, my nose was always buried in a book. I'm a firm believer that you can tell a lot about a person by the books in their home. It drives me nuts when I watch home decorating shows on HGTV and they always get rid of the books!

Naturally, my husband and I want to pass this love of reading on to our child. Since I was an early education major in college, and I spent a lot of time working in schools and daycares, I have quite a collection of children's books built up. We bought this narrow Billy bookshelf from Ikea last weekend, and assembled it this evening. It got put into the bedroom (firmly bolted to the wall for safety, of course) and loaded up with the majority of the kid books in my collection. I'm really happy with it!

Oh, and that dark green bit at the very bottom of the photo? That's my belly. I can't suck it in anymore to get it out of the way!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

Sara, do you want some of Kelsey's board books that I still (sadly enough) have? they are some of her favorites and the ones I saved are in peachy keen condition.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails