Sunday, June 08, 2008

Operation BubbaSpace has begun!

We have been busting our butts all weekend! First, we emptied out our bedroom into the living room. We vacuumed thoroughly, then steam cleaned the carpets. In the morning, after they were dry, we wiped the walls clean, removed the curtain hardware, and moved all the scrapbook stuff into that room.

Once the old scrapbook room was emptied out, we once again vacuumed thoroughly and then steam cleaned the carpet in there. Come morning, we finished taking stuff off the walls (lots of shelving and knick knacks in that room!) and moved it to the new room. After the walls were bare, those walls got washed, and all the holes got spackled. There were a LOT of holes! Finally, it was time to start painting:

Okay, technically, that's the only painting I did. I'm not supposed to be painting at all, something about the paint fumes being bad for the baby. We did splurge on some of that paint with no VOCs though. That crap is $40 a gallon!!! I'm used to my cheap Behr at $15, LOL! We got a gallon of white, to cover up the green, and then some blue for the "nursery" wall.

It's weird, because I'm usually the painter. A wall needs painting, that's my area of expertise. I can't even be in the room with him lending moral support. I've been in the new scraproom (which is smaller) trying to figure out where everything is going to go. It's so jam packed with stuff in there it's not even funny! It's a total disaster area right now, what with shelves needing to be hung and stuff needing to live on those shelves not having a home... BLAH. Here's a few shots from earlier:



I also started a blog for the baby. It has pictures of our ultrasounds, my belly, stuff we've bought, etc. I copied the code from my blog, because frankly, I'm too lazy to start from scratch, and just changed the colors from Miss M pink & green to Bubba blue&green. I also got rid of all my junk in the sidebar. This way I can send family to look at baby related stuff without them having to wade through all my crap.

Speaking of Sawyer, he's totally getting his groove on or something right now. I've been feeling the little gurgles and bumps at the bottom of my belly for the last 15 minutes or so. It's so flipping cool, I could just sit here and feel it all day and be totally content.

My husband just finished painting all the walls white, and now he's about to start on the blue one. It's only 80 inches wide, so it should hardly take any time at all. We bought the side table at Ikea from my diagram yesterday, as well as a tall, narrow bookcase to store all my children's books. Better in the nursery than in the living room!

It was a lot of work, and our apartment is in a total state of disarray right now, but I think we're off to a good start!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails