Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reason 23920 why I'm insane...

I bought a diaper bag today.

Of course, I wasn't going to buy just ANY diaper bag. I wanted a FABULOUS diaper bag. Hey, if I'm gonna be a tired momma schlepping around my offspring and all it's parapharnelia, at least something has to look fabulous at all times, am I right?

And since I'm a total labelwhore, especially when it comes to bags, you know that there's no way in hell you're going to see me toting around a Winnie the Pooh Walmart special. Nothing against those who do, but, that's just not me.

I gotta be me.

Enter: the designer baby bag. Yes, I've seen the designer baby brands, like Petunia Picklebottom and Skip Hop. They're okay, but I wasn't feeling them. I know Coach makes them, but the new ones are UGG-LEE. Also, this is my first child. I think it (and therefore me, natch) deserves a little something more than the same stuff all the little teenage girls are carrying around the mall. Don't get me wrong, I do like my Coach bags, but I wanted my diaper bag to be a little bit more special, because I'm weird like that.

I decided that I'd get a regular tote bag, and use that as a diaper bag. Designer totes are incredibly well made and will last long beyond the diaper years, which means that I will be able to carry my bag still after the baby is a bit older, and therefore, a tote would be perfect.

I have to admit, I was jonesing after a Louis Vuitton (this one in particular), but after looking on the website yesterday, nothing there was catching my eye. NOTHING. I know, I was totally shocked. The only other thing that I felt would fit the bill was a Gucci bag, so I decided to check out that website.

Well, I did, and I found a tote that looked really perfect for what I wanted. My husband said we could go to the mall today and check it out, to see if it was okay in person. We got there, and of course, the didn't have the bag. However...

Did you know that Gucci actually MAKES diaper bags? I didn't, but they do. Not only that, but they had one that was exactly what I was looking for:

Isn't it perfect? It's the classic logo fabric, in tan and gold, with pink and gold straps. It has the three flat pockets you see on the outside, plus one big and two smaller pockets on the inside. It also comes with a changing pad. Most importantly, it doesn't look like a diaper bag AT ALL!!! It's genius! I'm so in love.

My husband asked if this was the one that I wanted, and I was like, YES, emphatically, YES! So he said we could go ahead and get it. Happy Mother's Day to me! Thank you very much President Bush, I have stimulated the economy as requested.

I'm not going to use it though until the baby comes. It's neatly tucked in it's dust bag, inside it's box, waiting to be loaded with diapers and binkys and all that other stuff that babies need. My child, and I, will be stylin'.

Oh, and in other news...

I found jeans. Hallelujah. My first pair of designer denim, more expensive than any other article of clothing I've ever bought (excluding my wedding dress, of course), but they fit, and they're comfy, and they look GOOD on me, and my ass. YAY! They're being altered as we speak. I can pick them up next Friday.

I shopped my heart out today. WOO!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharla said...

Congrats on finding the perfect diaper bag....you're right it doesn't even look like one!

You are such a cute mommy to be, how fun and exciting for your upcoming ultrasound..the waiting sucks, but the shopping that will follow will be hella fun. Yep, I said hella! ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

*pouts* I want a Gucci diaper bag too....just like that one!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

Gorgeous!!! Yay for finding jeans to, that can be very difficult non preggo!!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails