Sunday, May 04, 2008

Because we're idiots

Well, at least when it comes to baby stuff. Seriously, between my husband and I, we could fit all of our collective baby knowledge on a sheet of regular printer paper. I've never been a baby person, never one of the girls who oohed and ahhed every time an infant drew near. I only babysat kids who were out of diapers, thank you very much.

Luckily for us, there are a bunch of people in the world who do know lots about baby stuff, and a good portion of those folks were kind enough to share their knowledge by penning lengthy tomes to help the clueless among us.

So, today, we bought this:

It appeals to my husband's silly nerdiness (and I have to admit, it's amusing me quite a bit too) and it covers EVERYTHING from the time you bring that kid home until it's first birthday. I'm reading it now, but I have to admit, the format made it fun and easy to read just by skimming it in the store. It also looks like it's going to be really easy to use as reference too.

Sixteen bucks well spent, I'd say!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger justem said...

I've seen this book and the other ones like it! Totally fun AND informational! :)

4:06 AM  
Blogger kingsqueen said...

I liked the What to Expect books. But just for laughs, you should check out Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" and "Baby Laughs" (pregnancy and baby-related respectively). I laughed my tushy off. :)
Things will come more naturally than you think they will. You'll be great!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

I ditto that things will come naturally. I hope the book helps you out. Can't wait for lunch, email me!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

LOL! Dang, where was this book 12yrs. ago when I originally needed it?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Shanna said...

Ooooooooooooh...CONGRATS are in order Miss M!!! I just read your post on my weightloss blog and had to laugh! Maybe I should rename mine to "Fat-ass to Fabul-ass"

HA HA HA HA! Seriously though.... happy for ya. Good luck with the new little one! Shanna

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails