Friday, August 03, 2007

Three Things

The challenge on Two Peas for last Monday was to list three things that you were good at. I thought this was a good challenge, and I wanted to blog it, but here's the problem:

I can't think of three things that I am good at.

I mean, yeah, I'm good at a lot of things, but what am I so good at that I can say, "Hey, I ROCK at this here thing"? Am I really good at anything beyond being just above average? Like, for instance, I'm a pretty good cook. But am I a GREAT cook?

I feel that people really overestimate their skill levels on things just because they've been doing that for so long. I see scrapbookers all the time that consider themselves to be intermediate to advanced, but they don't know how to use the ruler on their paper trimmer or how to heat emboss. I wouldn't consider that to be advanced at all, but because they've been scrapping 5+ years, they think they are experts.

I am pretty good at formatting items in MS Word. Would I consider myself great at it? No, not really, because there are so many functions possible in that program I couldn't possibly learn or remember them all. I know how to do a lot more in there than the average Joe Schmoe, but I'm not an expert by any means.

So what are three things I am good at then? I don't know. I really don't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sexy Bitch said...

Scrapbooking-lets face it, you kick ass at it!
Cooking-you got mad skills yo
Rearranging furniture
Decorating
Knowing the latest gossip or events
Photoshop
Shopping
Helping me shop!
And your number one, Being my friend

(Ok, everybody, awwwwww)

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldnt think of anything either, so I skipped it. But like your friend pointed out your strong points from her view, maybe I should ask someone that knows me well to tell me mine!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I wouldn't be able to answer that either about myself.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails