Friday, December 01, 2006

bitch bitch bitch

I feel sad today. Not sure why.

Apparently, the kids had a little scuffle this morning while I was asleep. I don't get why Gidget does this, but if she is on the bed with me, she feels that Leila should not be allowed up. If Leila is up there first though, Gidget is okay with it. I guess Gidget was getting her snuggle on with me, Leila got off the bed to follow my husband out of the room, decided to go back to bed, and Gidget took issue with it.

I got up at 11:30 and noticed that Gidget wasn't acting right. I looked at her and her left eye is all gunked over, and the inner part of the lid is blood red and swollen up over the bottom part of her eyeball. It totally freaked me out. I tried to clean it off with a warm, damp washcloth, thinking maybe she had an eye cold or something like that, but she was shivering and shaking and obviously in pain. I called my husband and asked him if they had gotten into a fight, and he said they had. I called the vet and they worked us in at 5:20 today. I'm very worried about her.

Even that aside, I just feel depressed. I applied for this teacher's aide position back in October at the school district where my friend works. They didn't call me back for the longest time, and I had pretty much given up on the position, when I got a call 2 weeks ago. The lady from HR wanted to verify my info and said she would call me back in the next day or two to schedule a time for me to take a test to be sure I was bilingual. The next week was the holiday, so I wasn't worried, but I called her Monday of this week and left a message, and again today, and I still haven't gotten a call back. I don't get it. She said that she was ready to put me in a classroom, all she needed were these test results.

Okay, so maybe I have some reasons to be bumming. I'm at a crossroads period in my life right now, I think, and I don't deal with those particularly well. I'm trying to find a new job, leaving an old one, things are changing there anyway, my dog is sick, I think my meds may need adjusting, I'm dreading New Years due to the friends situation, I'm fat, dumpy... just down on myself in general. I did finally make a doctor's appointment for the 14th, but I know my meds will run out before then, which is not good. Withdrawal sucks. My own fault.

My sorority's annual alumni party is next week, and I'm debating whether or not to go. I skipped it last year, don't remember why. There are some people I'd like to see, but at the same time, I don't want to see because we lost touch and it was totally my fault. There is the girl I lent my scrapbooks to for recruitment who never returned them. Three FULL scrapbooks from 3 years of Sorority life GONE. That makes me sad too.

I haven't started my Christmas cards yet either. Slacker. Everything just seems like too damn much work. Christmas decorations. Shopping. I haven't even thought about what I want, let alone what to get anyone else! Last year I was so on the ball, I even made quilts for my mother and sister in law.

Oh, and I have cramps. BOO.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling you on the cramps sister!
I would be so pissed about the scrapbooks too!
I'm sorry, I hope things get better!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, get those scrapbooks back! Everyone gets feeling down, just think, you could have some strange looking tape stuck to your face, be taukan libe dis and have to blend your food. I'm just saying, is all.

I sure hope Gidget is ok, how's her eye?

Buck up little buddy, you've got it pretty good, I know it's hard to believe it sometimes, but you're smart, pretty AND funny. Some girls are just pretty, and some girls only have "a good personality" hehe. I'm workin on the pretty myself. It sur ib worf it! Eban ib I tauk libe tis for a wible. I gob me a shiby new chib baby, a shiby new chib!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gotta' go just for the scrapbooks! go kick some ass.

i agree with zee. you do have it goin' on. take it easy on yourself.

hugs,
scrappincrazy

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails