Thursday, February 21, 2013

PL 2013 - Week Two

Woo Hoo for two posts in a row!  Here's week two of this year's Project Life.

Left side:



This week is a pretty good mix of digital and traditionally scrapped cards.  The title card is all paper, for example, while this card about the new piece of Pyrex I got that week is all digital.


As is this one about the baby's bed head:


I have all my digital cards printed at my local Walgreen's on matte paper.  They do a pretty good job and since they're only a mile up the road, they're super convenient too.  It's cheaper than doing it at home and constantly having to buy ink and paper!

Some cards, such as the Mow card are hybrid.  I added the typed journaling on a piece of cardstock with a few staples to there would be a bit of texture to my page.  Everything else on the card is digital.  I found the scrabble tiles here.

Here's the right side:


The calendar is actually a screenshot of an app I use called Cuptakes that has the cutest wallpapers for the iPhone.  They put up new ones each month and they work great as these cards too.  If you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen some of the ones I've edited on there to use as placeholders so I can tell what happened each week.

The one that looks like an old timey newspaper at the bottom with the weather report is a screenshot of another app called Daily Weather.  It was worth the buck to me because once you crop off the ad on the bottom, it's the perfect size for a Project Life card!

The Operation Shink-A-Booty card was on my January freebie sheet and can be found by "liking" my Facebook page.

And here are the close ups of some of the digital cards:


Can I tell you how cute it is that they play together?  It doesn't happen all the time, but I was surprised to find how well they interact.  I didn't expect it to start this early, but I'm happy it did.


I added a bit of a paper doily to this one after it was printed.


Truth.


Notes from a fun evening out with my friend Suzy.


Bubba's pet inventory as of the end of January.  It's like a Littlest Pet Shop class photo or something!

That wraps up week two!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your style! Such lovely layouts!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails