Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's the most Wonderful time of the year!

It's no secret that Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year.  Maybe it's because I live in the desert and I'm desperate for a break from the heat.  Maybe it's because we don't really get a real Autumn here and I'm jealous that the leaves are red and gold on the other side of the fence.  Maybe it's because I'm a fat kid and I look forward to sweaters, jeans, and yummy apple and pumpkin desserts.  Maybe it's because it heralds the beginning of the holiday season and getting to decorate my house feeds my creative soul.

Heck, it's probably all of these things!

I went out shopping on Sunday with my friend and I picked up this lovely at HomeGoods:


It's glazed terra cotta and is pretty heavy.  It was only twenty bucks!  They had some bigger ones with Jack o'Lantern faces (my friend got one of those) but I like how I can leave this up through Thanksgiving.  When it comes to outside decor, I'm lazy.  :)  It has an opening in the back so you can insert lights.  I picked up a strand of 50 Christmas lights at Target last night for $2.50 to stick in there.  The flowers in the front were stuck in the pot to hide the dirt and came from a single bunch I picked up at the Dollar Tree.

Since I started to put stuff outside, I figured it was time to get out my bins of Halloween decor to start decorating inside too.  I have a lot to do still, but I did manage to get my dining area looking nice and festive.


I've been looking for a round pedestal dining table for a while, but even the cheap ones (I'm looking at you and your laminate one, Ikea!) were almost $300.  I figured I could probably find one at Goodwill eventually and just paint it.  I made a comment to that effect to my friend Dorie when she posted about one she was painting on her blog.  Well, when she offered the table to me because she decided to go in a different direction, I didn't even hesitate! It fits perfectly in my small kitchen and compliments the bay window so much better than the rectangular one did.  I love it!  I am so very blessed to have such awesome generous friends.  :)

I made the candy corn poms after seeing some on Pinterest.  I made the quilted mini-runner a few years back and the Fenton stand was a gift from my friend Suzy.  The pumpkin in it is fake, as are the fruits in the milk glass stand on the side table.  Please disregard my plant in it's ghetto pot.  I can't find one I like that is big enough and doesn't cost a small fortune.  I made the garland last year too.  The cute vintage Halloween images were all found on Pinterest, printed out on cardstock, and then accented with Stickles glitter glue.  Each little medallion has a different one.  You can check out my Halloween Pinterest board here!


Decorating for the holidays is so much fun!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Photobucket Photobucket

©2008 Sara Madrigal Fehling. All rights reserved.

Please do not take my photos without permission.

Contact me! sara.fehling@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails